How many of you guys use clones

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by ole jason, May 29, 2007.

May 29, 2007
  1. ole jason
    OP

Member ole jason GBAtemp Regular

It seems like half the people here say there are no problems using a clone and some people act like it will melt your wii. I don't care to pay the extra 15 bucks to get an 'official' chip if it's really better.

p.s. Anyone ordered those wiikey "necklaces" on ebay? [​IMG]

2. Bloodgod

Member Bloodgod 嵐の王

United States
  3. pewpz

Member pewpz GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I got mine from Kaidomain for $11 shipped. They claim it's genuine... and it looks genuine, but who knows. Clones work fine, the people 'melting their Wiis' are the ones who screw up the install.. pulling off pads, burning traces and various mistakes. The ultimate test is the promised firmware coming up, and depending who you ask, it will or will not work. Hang tight, the real answer will come soon. It will be interesting to see which way prices will go if it does work on clones. Clones will probably be more expensive, and real Wiikeys should drop.

4. GraveDilute

Newcomer GraveDilute Newbie

Australia
    I have a genuine in mine, and put a clone in a mate's.

Look EXACTLY the same, and, to this point, work exactly the same. $11 shipped from KaiDomain.

My mate is stoked, plays all same region backups NO problems. He missed the Game Cube and couldn't care sweet F%^& all for audiofix.