Hacking How many movies fits on a G6 Lite

Organizer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Everyone is saying that logically a G6 Lite 4G is not the best option for people who would like to store MP3 and movies. However my question is how many movies can actually be stored on for instance a G6 with 512 MB... how big is the files of a typical movie when it’s compressed/converted to the format it needs to be?

Killermech

Cookie Monster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well, having a bitrate of 192 is good enough imo. So a 700mb (one xvid movie normally) would turn out to around 180-230mb(depending on amount of frames) (note that 4g is 512mb), so you could easily put a 2 cd movie into the cart. Which is highly enough at least for me. Or you can always reduce the bitrate to around 120 which I occasionly do with anime and that reduces it massively but yet puts up with a decent viewable file. A naruto episode at 192 bitrate normally turns to around 40-55mb big, if using 120 bitrate, it turns down to around 15-25mb.

zragnarok

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
most 20-30 minute shows tend to be 40-60mbytes depending on the encoding.. a full length movie can be 150-250mbytes depending on the encoding

so like maybe 1 movie and some pace left over for a couple of games or 2 movies and like maybe enough space for one game or so...

i really wish they would make a 8gbit version.. i like how i can fit an entire season of a show onto my EZ4-lite with 1gb micrSD card

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    straferz @ straferz: Anybody know why this is happening to my ACWW town...