How many is too many

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Hooya, Feb 17, 2007.

1. Hooya
    OP

Hooya GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 25, 2006
    United States
    Central Illinois
    Just to preface, my last console was an SNES. Before I had internet and before I knew anything about piracy.

So I'm pretty green at modding consoles. I know people that have done it, but never really kept up since I never owned any of the hardware.

How many modchips usually come out for a system? Total. Like, I've only ever heard of 3 for the GC... Granted, that wasn't a popular system to mod. But how about PS2? How many chips for that? Dozens like we're seeing for the Wii?

2. xalphax

xalphax Internet killed the Ponystar.

Nov 18, 2006
    Croatia
    here'n'there
    competition is good for business, ensures new features to be developed and also keeps prizes down

3. SeaHawk22

SeaHawk22 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 12, 2007
    United States
    How many is too many? The answer is 6,,,, umm yes 6.

4. TheVirus

TheVirus GBAtemp Fan

Jun 25, 2006
    Uganda
    If every mod chip did the same thing then there's really no such thing as over saturation. The prices will be so low that people that didn't advertise well enough probably wouldn't be in business. As stated before, the competition drives prices down and also forces teams to create and offer new features.

5. pelago

pelago Member

Feb 20, 2006
    There does seem to be a lot of chips in a short space of time. A similar thing happened with Xbox. However if you wait a few weeks for people to have experience with the different chips then there will be just 2 or 3 winners to choose from.

6. niklasnyfiken

niklasnyfiken GBAtemp Regular

Aug 9, 2006
    Swaziland
    Competition is great for the consumer. The more chips the better.

7. sdoc96

sdoc96 Creaky Old Stiff Member

Jan 10, 2007
    Melbourne
    You should have got yourself a Super Wildcard back then. It would have been a good insight into 'the black eye patch'. [​IMG]

Yes, the more chips the better.