Gaming How many illegal NDS ROMS do you have?

iTech

Trophies
Website
www.mikethespike.net
XP
Country
United States
The thread start0r is the f3d! 0mg! we gots him!

My R4 came with 3 DVDs full of ROMs for some reason. The seller was probably also a fed, trying to frame me.
All the feds are trying to get me, but don't worry, my super tinfoil bomb will protect me! (It's a piece of tinfoil on a string dangling in a glass jar filled with the liquid chemical [censored by NSA] which reacts violently with the aluminium in the foil, creating a toxic exothermic explosion that can level the airport the terrorists used on 9/11 and still knock down the motherfucking WTC)

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have complete set of
- Nes,
- Snes,
- (maybe GB),
- GBA,
- NDS (good, bad, demo, kiosk, xxxx, iQue)
(a few Nuked and xxxx missing only, I'm working at it).

And only a little of :
- Mame,
- genesis,
- msx,
- GG,
- MS,
- N64,
- amiga (oh wait, that's legit one),
and maybe other platform I forgot.

I think I'm like Legend Of phil
grog.gif

What the purpose ? .. hum, maybe collection.
I like emulation and followed the scene since a long time (mid 90). I learned a lot with that : how a game/console is working, each hardware/software needed to play a game on real console, then the challenge to emulate it.
I followed every discoveries and tried them out (which is why I like to have them all), to see how well it work now while it didn't before. every step done to emulate something that were hard.
For exemple SA-1, SPC-7110, S-DD1 chips for Snes.
Fan's roms Trans, or app to read audio from roms, etc.
I tried a lot of things.

I remember when it was the beginning, snes games on multidisk, it worked on DOS only, needed Vesa3 specific video driver, there was no sound, it was really slow, no transparency, a lot of games didn't work, but we found that so wonderful
bow.gif

Now it's all working like a charm, buy a slot-1 and you're ready. there's something missing from old times :'(
I understand why (younger?) people think it's odd and bad to have them all, like an illness.

in old Times (like I'm this old, lol), we bought all our games first, internet and roms came long time after for us to emulate.
Now it's too easy, and first attempt is to pirate a game and play it without buying it.

SlyGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have all of the English DS games. I'm a bit OCD so once I start collecting something, it's hard for me to stop. I mean I even have Barbie and the 12 Dancing Princesses!

At first I d/l EVERY DS and GBA game. Then eventually I made myself stop downloading the ones in languages I can't understand. Then I made myself stop downloading GBA games (which I never played). Then I made myself stop downloading BOTH the European and US versions of the same game. That was tough.

So now I only download English NDS games, either the US or EUR version....but I still download Dora the Explorer, etc.
tongue.gif

loathsome

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Everybody who has posted in this thread are now logged, and further investigation WILL be done. Thanks to Costello for the cooperation (giving us the IP-addresses etc.). Those who do not live in Europe will be investigated by their local feds.

Thanks.

Federal Bureau of Investigation
J. Edgar Hoover Building
935 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
Washington, D.C. 20535-0001

... OH WELL, not really.

I have all of the English DS games. I'm a bit OCD so once I start collecting something, it's hard for me to stop. I mean I even have Barbie and the 12 Dancing Princesses!

At first I d/l EVERY DS and GBA game. Then eventually I made myself stop downloading the ones in languages I can't understand. Then I made myself stop downloading GBA games (which I never played). Then I made myself stop downloading BOTH the European and US versions of the same game. That was tough.

So now I only download English NDS games, either the US or EUR version....but I still download Dora the Explorer, etc.
tongue.gif

Yeah, that's about what I do as well.

BurlyEd

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
"What's a ROM?"

Is this what you are talking about?:

"Read-only memory
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Read-only memory (usually known by its acronym, ROM) is a class of storage media used in computers and other electronic devices. Because data stored in ROM cannot be modified (at least not very quickly or easily), it is mainly used to distribute firmware (software that is very closely tied to specific hardware, and unlikely to require frequent updates).

Modern semiconductor ROM chips are not immediately distinguishable from similar chips like RAM modules, except by the part numbers printed on the package.

In its strictest sense, ROM refers only to mask ROM (the oldest type of solid state ROM), which is fabricated with the desired data permanently stored in it, and thus can never be modified. However, more modern types such as EPROM and flash EEPROM can be erased and re-programmed multiple times; they are still described as "read-only memory" because the reprogramming process is generally infrequent, comparatively slow, and often does not permit random access writes to individual memory locations, which are possible when reading a ROM. Despite the simplicity of mask ROM, economies of scale and field-programmability often make reprogrammable technologies more flexible and inexpensive, so that mask ROM is rarely used in new products as of 2007."

Or, are you mistakenly calling ROM-Dump data files "ROMs"?

CYatta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MY E-PHALLUS IS BIGER THEN URS!!!! ITS LIK 200GIGA BIGGER!1 AND 20 GIGAS ROUND!~!~

But seriously, who cares? Too many.

silentreapr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
well then you need to make it clearer next time, why put both numbers together? why didn't you start each number with a sentence, like i have 100 roms which comes to a total of 5gb instead of just putting 100, 5gb.

Well, I'm not going to argue any further than this. But I clearly separated the 2 numbers by a comma, and a space. Normally that would be enough for people to discern that those are indeed, 2 separate numbers. Even if somehow "105, 5gb~" was a little unclear, I'm still not quite sure how you got, "100 roms and 100gb" out of "105, 5gb~"

UncleChuckle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You do realise this is probably a phishing thread from Nintendo...

SO I have NO PIRATED ROMS AT ALL. I have never pirated anything in my entire life.
grog.gif

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I delete all my roms within 24 hours of downloading them because that's the law!
rofl2.gif

Seriously now, I don't bother holding on to anything I grab because it's not hard to get them again.

lagman

I wish I was green.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
I delete all my roms within 24 hours of downloading them because that's the law!
rofl2.gif

Seriously now, I don't bother holding on to anything I grab because it's not hard to get them again.

QFT, I've found easier to redownload a game rather than find the DVD on my messy DVD chest -ARRR-

I only have two roms anyway: Deal or no Deal and Elf Bowling 1 & 2

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)