Gaming How long will the xbox 360 last?

Hardkaare

OP
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
well some years back i bought an original xbox and was very happy with it.
but some months later the xbox 360 got released! and i got pretty mad at myself (lol)
because i spent my money on a original xbox when i could have waited a few months for a 360.
So now i want to buy a 360 but my question is

if i buy a 360 now how long will it last before microsoft releases a new console or discontinue the 360?

im asking because i dont want the same thing to happend again lol
rolleyes.gif

Sstew

GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, You've joined the party pretty late, Im sure Microsofts new console will be out in 2010-2011.
But, if I were you I'd still get a 360. Its a great console with a ton of amazing games. Plus it doesnt mean it wont be supported when the new console is released, so you'd still have some years with it. I'd buy one if I were you.

Joey Ravn

F*** you, Nintendo!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
OMFG said:
but some months later the xbox 360 got released! and i got pretty mad at myself (lol)
because i spent my money on a original xbox when i could have waited a few months for a 360.

if i buy a 360 now how long will it last before microsoft releases a new console or discontinue the 360?

rolleyes.gif

You've got a pretty close-minded mentatily. The original Xbox was a BEAST of a console. It was a homebrew dev's wet dream, able to run emulators, XBMC, XLink Kai, etc. In many aspects, it is far better than the 360. Why don't you enjoy what you've got and stop worrying about what's to come? I seriously don't understand why having the latest console is the best you can do, specially when they don't existe yet. If you have the 360, you have the whole library at your disposal, plus (most of) the previous console's library. Get a 360. If later comes something you want more, trade it for store credit (which is usually more than what they give you in cash) and use it to buy the new console.

Hardkaare

OP
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Joey Ravn said:
OMFG said:

rolleyes.gif

You've got a pretty close-minded mentatily. The original Xbox was a BEAST of a console. It was a homebrew dev's wet dream, able to run emulators, XBMC, XLink Kai, etc. In many aspects, it is far better than the 360. Why don't you enjoy what you've got and stop worrying about what's to come? I seriously don't understand why having the latest console is the best you can do, specially when they don't existe yet. If you have the 360, you have the whole library at your disposal, plus (most of) the previous console's library. Get a 360. If later comes something you want more, trade it for store credit (which is usually more than what they give you in cash) and use it to buy the new console.

that was what i told myself in the beginning lol
but i would also like to play some new games sine the only games they have at the shops are dead or alive 3

Commadore64

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RockmanForte said:
I hate X360.. There are bored games expect banjo kazooie nuts and bolts.

I am not sure what this means - but that is about a detailed as "I hate Wii.. There are bored games expect Weather Channel"

So... hopefully we helped you

Seriously - get a refurbed 360 from Amazon, save money, get more stuff like a 60 gig HD, plus these have been in fro RROD and are pretty much fixed to NOT come back for a RROD.

Just my opinion

air2004

Air
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my 360 is running strong I bout it about 6 months ago and no problems , plus there is a hack to flash the firmware to play backed up games , and they work on live

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you buy a 360 now you'll be great. All three console makers have stated that they want this console generation to last longer then usual. Your money won't be wasted.

Commadore64

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Xbox 360's suck. They died soooo easily.

Save your $200 bucks and spend it on a video card for your next computer.

I love comments like this...

So also make sure your video card have TV out unless you want to be cooped at a desk playing games (providing you have friends come over)

Then save money for wireless controllers for your computer unless you dont mind wired controllers or, like above, your playing at a desk

so a decent computer $500'ish...$200'ish for video card...$60 for wireless controller x 2
~$820 for a game system

But you do get a web browser and solitaire and chess... so it pays for itself

R2DJ

Trophies
XP
Country
Like somebody else said on the Internet: a great console that is brought down by poor hardware construction.

Ace: the 360 can die anytime but the customer support is excellent so you can get a replacement with peace of mind. So if you get a 360, don't worry that much about RROD or other faults that may come.

Flawsdraw

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Reply to the "Halo 3" stuff, 1st thing it is only a fanboy game, it pretty much sucked and online was pretty easy having one hit wonder hammers everywhere etc etc, as for PS3 Resistance 2 and Killzone 2 both FPS shooters, both sci-fi (resistance 2 more so), both have stronger stories and both supply a lot more playability then halo, if you dont mind buying your games instead of pirating PS3 is best bet

El-ahrairah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RockmanForte said:
I hate X360.. There are bored games expect banjo kazooie nuts and bolts.

Yes, because the Wii is such a gaming marvel, right? That's why third party developers are clamoring to release on it, they just do so well! I love Nintendo, how they've treated the video game characters of my past and how they honor my childhood memories creating quality games involving them year after year.

QUOTE(playallday @ Apr 20 2009, 04:21 AM) Xbox 360's suck. They died soooo easily.

Save your $200 bucks and spend it on a video card for your next computer.

Ain't it the truth? My 360 died on me once and I had to send it in to get repaired. Mind you it was fixed for free and has since been problem free, that whole month without my 360 killed me. Every moment I spent catching up on last gen games really sucked.
frown.gif

With my computer, if I buy a game and for some reason it turns out it doesn't work/run, all I have to do is consult the internet for an answer or run out and buy a piece of hardware upgrade and it may be fixed! Easy as pie.

GamerzInc

Trophies
XP
Country
Flawsdraw said:
Reply to the "Halo 3" stuff, 1st thing it is only a fanboy game, it pretty much sucked and online was pretty easy having one hit wonder hammers everywhere etc etc, as for PS3 Resistance 2 and Killzone 2 both FPS shooters, both sci-fi (resistance 2 more so), both have stronger stories and both supply a lot more playability then halo, if you dont mind buying your games instead of pirating PS3 is best bet

weird, I'm not a fanboy of the halo series at all, never even played the first two. I like it though, my friends and I have a blast on it. It's a shame you don't know how to setup matches.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: You snooze you lose.