Gaming How long will online for the 3DS Last?

Jjones

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is mostly just to see when others think the official online services end. I know there isn't a date on its demise, I just want to see what other people think!

Plazorn

GBAtemp’s Dragon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the 3ds online is cool, but most people used it to trade Pokémon, and unfortunately, hackers have ruined that....
but I think that the online will last until at least 2025. lol, the ps3 is still online, 16 years after its release, so you shouldn't worry.

sketchedgrey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Plazorn. I think that's not a good argument to compare the 3DS to the PS3 because each company has different console lifetimes. The 3DS, though caught between the 7th and 8th generations, does not follow a general console lifetime like most consoles would. If anything, we could compare it to the lifetime of DS's online (Nintendo WiFi), which almost lasted for 10 years. If we are going by that, the end of online is due. Sorry for slamming on your answer, I just wanted to start friendly conversation. Have a nice day!

SANIC

GBATemp's Sonic Fan in Residence, 後
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For a pretty long time I'm guessing. Certain regions can already use the US eshop since their countries had limited eshops that are being shut down. Not to mention the only reason why Wii servers shut down was because of the GameSpy situation

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: hey