Hacking How long till we get action replay for this?

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everyone lately has been desiring for a flashcart on this system but I have yet to see anyone ask this question? Judging from the rate of when there was action replay on the DS do you think it will be a year from now?

D

Deleted-236924

If they want to make an Action Replay for DS games that works on 3DS, they already can because DS mode on the 3DS has already been "hacked"
On the other hand, if they want to make something that works on 3DS games, they'd have to make the 3DS think it is loading a genuine 3DS cartridge.

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If they want to make an Action Replay for DS games that works on 3DS, they already can because DS mode on the 3DS has already been "hacked"
On the other hand, if they want to make something that works on 3DS games, they'd have to make the 3DS think it is loading a genuine 3DS cartridge.
Well a certain unknown source has already done so doing that and I would have to say that was at least 6 months after the 3DS's release. Hopefully word will pass on to datel and they can get their butts in gear to get a move on. Just so you know I don't use action replay to cheat online and I only use it to get the full enjoyment out of a game after I finished it. Just covering myself there.

patz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thailand
Well a certain unknown source has already done so doing that and I would have to say that was at least 6 months after the 3DS's release. Hopefully word will pass on to datel and they can get their butts in gear to get a move on. Just so you know I don't use action replay to cheat online and I only use it to get the full enjoyment out of a game after I finished it. Just covering myself there.
3DS was released in March. It's already 6 month after its release. I guess you meant 6 month after this. Anyway, I don't think we'll see actual AR products because of online cheating. I hope we'll see something like Ocarina on Wii though.

Immortal_no1

Trophies
XP
Country
Datel - Manufacturer of the Cards are an opportunistic company,

This question has been asked before. and the answer is that they already have been working on it, but in half capacity. When/If the Crown3DS gets released then Datel won't be far away from bringing a cheat cartridge to show.

The 3DS's memory isn't completely understood yet and unless you have documentation/Flash maps/schems it's difficult/impossible to create a cheat cartridge.

It would have to boot first then place blocks on the memory where the cheats will be (whatever they are). In order to do this they would need their cartridge signing....... which hasn't been done yet, Signing of a cartridge needs to be fooled/faked/resigned in order for Datel to bring a cartridge to market.

Likely that Nintendo won't like this due to the 3DS's huge Online plan. And may sue heavily if it's done.
Anyone remember Socom on Playstation 2? and what heppened to online play?

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm shocked to be honest that Datel didn't come out with a cheating product for the Wii. Even if they did it probably wouldn't have sold as well considering there are free ways of being able to cheat. If being left out because of updates on the Wii was an issue then they should do what the flashcart companies do and update their firmware.

CollosalPokemon

ばん。。。かい
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm shocked to be honest that Datel didn't come out with a cheating product for the Wii. Even if they did it probably wouldn't have sold as well considering there are free ways of being able to cheat. If being left out because of updates on the Wii was an issue then they should do what the flashcart companies do and update their firmware.

http://www.datelcust...owerSaves.shtml (Datel PowerSaves/Cheat for Wii logo on top left of product packaging picture)

Your right it was extremely unpopular. I remember seeing that in gamestop a couple years ago lol

It'll be about 7

^ This or longer; I don't like AR codes anyways...

Reactions: 2 people

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country

becasue the same reason other consoles don't have cheat devices, they don't want to get into trouble, it really is a sad state of affairs that gaming has got like this, i blame online modes in games mostly and the attitude towards cheating has changed a lot over the years all because of online, soon you will go to jail for cheating i bet, it's not that far away from that, and datel are slowly slipping away.

action replay was a lot of fun back in the ps2 and gamecube days, those fun times are gone now.

Likely that Nintendo won't like this due to the 3DS's huge Online plan. And may sue heavily if it's done.
Anyone remember Socom on Playstation 2? and what heppened to online play?

20 years ago nintendo didn't care about cheat devices on the NES, it just shows you how much times have changed.

mattwo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
20 years ago nintendo lost thier court fight with Galoob over the Game Genie. Anything that happens in RAM is in the control of the user peroid, until Blizzard screwed it for everyone.

Wait what? What does Blizzard have to do with it? I was unaware they even existed back then...

MasterPenguin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
20 years ago nintendo lost thier court fight with Galoob over the Game Genie. Anything that happens in RAM is in the control of the user peroid, until Blizzard screwed it for everyone.

Wait what? What does Blizzard have to do with it? I was unaware they even existed back then...

http://www.techdirt.com/articles/20101019/04275111479/blizzard-sues-starcraft-ii-cheat-creators-under-dubious-copyright-theory.shtml

Side note, Blizzard has been around for 20 years.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
20 years ago nintendo lost thier court fight with Galoob over the Game Genie. Anything that happens in RAM is in the control of the user period, until Blizzard screwed it for everyone.

yeah blizzard was around back then and game genie was originally created by the game developers codemasters ironically.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: I finally modeled and 3d printed the new HDD cages I need in order to build my 2nd NAS. Original...