How long does the EZ flash 3in1 battery last?

Discussion in 'EZ-Flash' started by Chris_Skylock, Feb 24, 2009.

Feb 24, 2009
  1. Chris_Skylock
    OP

Member Chris_Skylock GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Philippines
    Since I'll be getting an EZ Flash 3in1 tomorrow, China/Philippine time, How long will an EZ Flash 3in1 (plus) last for the battery. I heard from a friend that her battery is dead now after being purchased last december 2008.

How long does your EZ flash last or when did you bought it and when did the battery died?

Just 2 months and the battery died for my friend. tsk tsk. I hope I will have 4 years of life for the battery. my first class (pirated) pokemon red for the gameboy is still functioning today and the battery is functioning. I just hope i'll have some luck on a good product from Rocksoftonline

2. how_do_i_do_that

Member how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

Antarctica
    usually more than a year. They use a small coin cell battery which has an average of 1 to 3 years depending on how much you use it.

There is also a link at the bottom of the first post on replacing the battery without soldering:
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=130659

3. Mbmax

Member Mbmax Homebrew addicted

Antarctica
    Yep, 3 Years is the normal life of this coin battery.
    Less than that, it's mainly due to a defective battery or about cold temperature where the unit has been stocked.

4. Chris_Skylock
    OP

Philippines
    i saw the link. he's battery was 1 year old. tsk tsk. here in the philippines, we have a normal climate or sometimes very hot but not that hot to melt something aside from ice cream. RocksoftOnline just stocked these 3in1 and i just got myself reserved for one unit so they were not stcoked that long. hopefully *finger crossed* that my item will not be defective.

thank you for your fast replies. I'll post an unboxing and review in this post tomorrow when it arrives. hopefully

5. Searinox

Member Searinox Just a taste~ ;3

Romania
    I replaced mine's with a CR1620 the moment I got my EZ. I've no idea how long the original lasts but mine's little over an year old and still going.

6. Chris_Skylock
    OP

Philippines
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HX3QBJL_ex8

lol. unboxing by me and a mini review.

I thought I got a defective one with Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire. I only need to patch them. Too bad Pokemon Emerald is unpatched and unplayable.

So I'll wait for a year and see what happens to the battery.