Hardware How long does it take nintendo to fully kill the new 3ds? :(

Catsinabucket

Permanently Uncertain
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The New 3DS? I'd say it will at least be a couple of years for both game development and discontinuation of production. The New 2DS, no idea about that

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
There are new games planned for released into mid-2019, so we got at least 2.5-3 years of certain continuation:P

Bernhard

Psycho
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
but nintendo jzst stopped production of the new 3ds xl... :( i ve read this in the gamer news somewhere xD

or hopefully am i wrong?

best regards

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
but nintendo jzst stopped production of the new 3ds xl... :( i ve read this in the gamer news somewhere xD

or hopefully am i wrong?

best regards
Whether that's true or not doesn't change the fact that new games are planned to come out and that there are couple hundred thousands of unsold units anyway, so even without more production of them, they will still be available for a good while.

Bernhard

Psycho
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whether that's true or not doesn't change the fact that new games are planned to come out and that there are couple hundred thousands of unsold units anyway, so even without more production of them, they will still be available for a good while.
ok yeah i thought so too^^

i ve bought my self a samus edition... do you think it s save to just keep it unopened in the shelf? ^^ i am really thinking about it cuz this thing is valueable...
will i get damaged if i dont reload it?

LucarioSplat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
maybe a year from now, they still didn't release detective pikachu on english but europe rating shows it coming.

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
maybe a year from now, they still didn't release detective pikachu on english but europe rating shows it coming.
There are brand new games coming out in the next two years, not just localizations. There's the new Kirby Battle Royal, a new Yu-Gi-Oh game, another Digimon game, another 2 Medarot games and so on all the way up until summer 2019, we got more than a year!:P

LucarioSplat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are brand new games coming out in the next two years, not just localizations. There's the new Kirby Battle Royal, a new Yu-Gi-Oh game, another Digimon game, another 2 Medarot games and so on all the way up until summer 2019, we got more than a year!:P
idc about anything you listed there, lol.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The last big title to come out for the 3DS was USUM, and there isn't going to be another one. Nintendo is moving on to the Switch. I wrote a long post somewhere about all of the signs of this happening, including but not limited to the release of N2DS models to get rid of spare 3DS-specific parts that had no other use.

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
idc about anything you listed there, lol.
I just gave some examples of completely new games that are planned to come out, you don't really have to care about them:P Simply trying to explain that with games coming out in for at least a year and a half, we got a good while before it's dead.

LucarioSplat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just gave some examples of completely new games that are planned to come out, you don't really have to care about them:P Simply trying to explain that with games coming out in for at least a year and a half, we got a good while before it's dead.
in my book it will die when the last pokemon game comes out, which is the pikachu one in mid 2018.

Bernhard

Psycho
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The original new 3ds, not new 3ds xl
yeah but they have already stopped the xl one too i ve read that somewhere...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

in my book it will die when the last pokemon game comes out, which is the pikachu one in mid 2018.
for me the 3ds will never die xD tbh but yeah ... i think it will be good if nintendo only focuses on the switch i guess

Why the hell would Nintendo kill off one of their biggest successes?
they kill it ... i dont know why either

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Ending support for 3DS can be good if Nintendo focuses on the Switch at full throttle though, just "focusing" on it without doing much isn't good enough reason to kill off the 3DS! Regardless though, as someone who plays the Japanese games a lot too, I'll be satisfied with the 3DS for at least a year or two more, at which point the price of the Switch will be more affordable for me to make the "switch" (ba dum tss:P)...

Reactions: Bernhard

McStyler

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
They will probably EOL the 3DS line as soon as the Switch platform is big enough to support Nintendo. They will claim the 3DS line will live just like the ds was a "third pillar".

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)