Hacking How long do you think before flashcarts are not sold anywhere anymore?

caffolote

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like for instance, Nintendo is targeting the R4 and attempts to cease production and selling of it. They might even go after Dealextreme or Realhotstuff or any other flashcart store they can find. Do you think there will ever be the end of flashcarts not being sold anymore, especially with Dealextreme? I think that prices will soon go up by the end of the year since Nintendo is focusing hard on it. But that's about it.

Flawsdraw

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Still will be able to get Flashcarts just cheaper.. probably be able to get new flashcarts for the new Handheld aswell
smile.gif

IOwnAndPwnU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Get one while you still can? Get all the games you'll ever wanna play and back-up to your hard drive? Don't update firmware because it could cause bricking?

But seriously, I think people should purchase what they want soon cause you never know. And once no more are being sold, it'll be pretty hard to come by one/or expensive.

Panzer Tacticer

veteran human
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
10 years.

I also don't buy 8 tracks, cassette tapes, 5.25 and 3.5 floppies and avoid cd whenever possible. Currently moving increasingly to dual layer dvd. Flash carts will be around as long as the tech is in use.

I give it 10 years at most before they are no longer able to meet the needs of the moment.

I don't think Nintendo will ever be able to get rid of them completely.

IOwnAndPwnU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ENDscape said:
When NDSL 2 comes out and they use a different medium for games.

I thought they were gonna just make some new firmware or something. Something that wouldn't require the use of purchasing more hardware? Although these "updates" could render our flashcarts useless or worse ... B-R-I-C-K-I-N-G.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It's not going to end because of Nintendo's legal actions. DS Flash cards will only stop selling when people stop buying them. So I'd say after 2 more generations of handhelds.

IOwnAndPwnU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There will NEVER be an end because ... just because, okay!

But seriously, new flashcarts (or new name) will be made for these new handhelds.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/kTzpzBF.mp4