How long did you take to beat The End?

Discussion in 'Sony PlayStation 1 & 2' started by TLSpartan, Sep 5, 2007.

Sep 5, 2007
  1. TLSpartan
    OP

Member TLSpartan Kills threads

Australia
    I was just wondering how long it took for you guys to beat The End on MGS3-Snake Eater. Because I heard it can take days due to the size of the map you vs him on and his excellent camo. For me, I killed him when you see him around the start(He is in a wheelchair and you just unload an entire clip of the Sniper Rifle into him [​IMG] ).

2. ugly_rose

Member ugly_rose GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sweden
    SPOILER WARNING!!!!!!!!

.... YOU HEARD ME!

I believe you can save in the middle of the battle and then set the system (PS2 system) clock a week ahead. When you start up again Snake will find that he died of old age. No kidding.

3. TLSpartan
    OP

Member TLSpartan Kills threads

Australia
    I cheated and unloaded an entire clip into him at the start. Saved me a whole lotta trouble [​IMG] . I did hear about that though.

4. T-hug

Chief Editor T-hug Always like this.

pip
    United Kingdom
    I got sick of trying to find him and did what Ugly_Rose said, pretty funny. Didn't rate MGS3 as much as most though, found the camo and hunting food crap detracted from the game too much, hope it's been ditched in 4.

5. xcalibur

Member xcalibur Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear

United Kingdom
    i never really bothered trying to figth the end
    he was annoying as hell so i used the timeskip method thingie
    what really pissed me off about MGS3 was that dude that always kills you in th end
    i forgot his name
    i think it was sorrow
    i almost always kill all the people i encounter so the trek through the river was long as hell and you always die at the end
    it took me 3 goes before i checked a faq and realised oyu dont actually die...teh gayness [​IMG]

6. sasuke_kun12

Member sasuke_kun12 GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    i couldn't find him and i got cut so i stopped playing for a week. Later i found a game guide in target and mg3 was in there so i had a bit of a read and found out that clock trick. I came back to MG3 in a month and found the end dead!

7. Hitto

Member Hitto MKDS Tournament Winner

France
    Weeaboo game = at least one unwinnable fight, even with trainers activated.
    Oh, well. I'm still gay for Big Boss.

8. mooyah

Member mooyah GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    I played through normally and took about an hour battling it out in that maze of a jungle. Was pretty frustrating trying to figure out where he was. I've only played through MGS3 once so I never really understood the whole dealio with The End.

9. test84

Member test84 GBAtemp's last ninja 2.

Iran
    its strange for me that this boss caused these much of problemo for these amount of ppl. i died like 1 time as i remember killin' him, putting goggles on and good to go.
    BTW, its graphics seems even best yet! (in all consoles! currently) but its story and depth doesnt even compare to level of MGS 1, i cry twice whenever i play MGS 1. forgot howmany times i finished it but, after each boss i would feel that i beat a boss and i mean, a Boss, not just some guy like are in MGS 2 & 3, like u donno nothing about Sorrow, but you know alot about Sniper Wof, even Raven.

and atmosphere of MGS 1 ..., cant describe it by words.

i'm scared to see Twin Snakes and get dissapointed.

i dont believe even MGS 4 will even satisfy that hunger and love that MGS 1 left me with. what is this MGS4 anyway.

10. jesterscourt

Member jesterscourt Not Brad.

United States
    I tried a bunch of times but finally used the time skip. I thought it was a year, not a month though?

11. Jiggah

Member Jiggah GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    This guy was pretty easy if you ask me. I had problems the first time, but then realized I could use the microphone thing to listen for him...so I just crawled over to him...if you take a while, he'll fall asleep then hold him up and shoot him quickly before he retaliates, rinse repeat. I believe this was the way to get his camo. If you're really good with the sniper rifle, you can skip this battle altogether, by shooting him when he's on the dock right after a cut scene, but you have to be really fast.

The guy I hated the most was the flame boss....eh...I basically cheated to beat him by squatting near a door where he could get up to or flame...and shot him.

Straight sniper fight though this was probably one of the best battles I've played. A lot better than the MGS one with Wolf. I can't even remember the 2nd one's sniper battle.

12. 4urentertainment

Member 4urentertainment GBAtemp Regular

Egypt
    I just skipped a week and he died of old age, i was planning on fighting him "honorably" until every time i finally found him, i try to shoot him but he runs away. And i see im not the only way who used tha way [​IMG]

the easiest boss fight was the boss, its a straight shoot out, no tricks, nothing. Plus i was playing on very easy mode

13. flai

Member flai Androgynous Apparently :)

United Kingdom
    I rock at MGS so not very long. Completed the game in two days.