How long before CGI movies goes out of fashion?

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Harsky, Oct 25, 2006.

Oct 25, 2006
  1. Harsky
    OP

Member Harsky Madmin

United Kingdom
    I remember watching Toy Story for the first time in the cinema. I didn't care that it was in 3d. It actually had a good story that I loved. Fast forward to this year and I was working at the cinema for a summer job and one of the job involved me standing there and checking the tickets. Which meant I had to listen to the trailers. I can count the number of CGI movies that was coming out. Ant Bully, Cars, Monster House, Hoodwinked. Although it does seem quicker to make a movie in CGI than with traditional pen and paper, how many people will watch them again in 5 years time and still enjoy it? Just a rant.

2. lagman

Former Staff lagman I wish I was green.

Mexico
    I´ll enjoy it forever if it´s a good movie, I don´t care it is BW, HD, CGI, Claymation,etc.

A good movie, is always a good movie. [​IMG]

EDIT: I saw METROPOLIS yesterday [​IMG]

3. yuyuyup

Member yuyuyup GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    I want a pixar made adult film w/ titties n' such (no scat)

4. strud

Newcomer strud Newbie

Australia

is it just me, or did that come out of nowhere

5. leetdood

Member leetdood GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    It did. Welcome to the world of yuyuyup.

6. imgod22222

Member imgod22222 GBAtemp's Original No-faced Member

United States
    I dunno. Probably depends on the CGI. If it's convincing (like Final Fantasy:Advent Children) Then yes, probably will stay a good movie. If it looks like clay people (that annoying casper special that's been on 24/7 for the past few days) then the people who made it should have their head impaled upon a stick. .\/.

Or it'll go out of style when CGI movies are kept as CGI on the mass distributed discs, allowing viewers to see any viewpoint of a scene, with any resolution display (if anyone understands what I'm talking about) for the price of a disc player that will be able to render those CGI scenes in real-time. [​IMG]

7. mthrnite

Former Staff mthrnite So it goes.

United States
    It didn't come out of nowhere, it came out of yuyuyup.
    It's not unusual in other words. [​IMG]

I still like to watch the old Sinbad movies, with the Harryhausen animation. The skeletons still creep me out.
    What I hate is to see a movie like Anaconda, where the animation is so obvious it hurts.
    .. and I must confess, I too would like to see more adult fare with the pixar type animation, like a remake of Fritz the Cat or something.

..and laguerzinho.... robot Maria rox my sox, I hear the animated Metropolis is great too!

..and Toy Story never gets old. I watch it with the rugrats at least once a month.

edit: for sorry spelling. yup! yuyuyup!