how likely is it for you to die in a swatting

Dominator211

JFK's Jelly Donut
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With the recent COD swatting in the news I'm just wondering... if i were to get swatted am i going to get shot? i know this is a risque subject to put on the forum... but i am genuinely curious if i were gonna die if i get swatted... i mean it scares me that it can happen...

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
did you know that some american boy and girl are playing video game where they attack terrorist base and such
but the truth is that they are controlling actual drone and attack real terrorist with real collateral damage and death

Dominator211

JFK's Jelly Donut
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
did you know that some american boy and girl are playing video game where they attack terrorist base and such
but the truth is that they are controlling actual drone and attack real terrorist with real collateral damage and death
im not saying that the team is a bad thing im ust saying the act of a false swatting

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is it likely to happen to you? It seems like one of those vanishingly rare things that is not worth worrying about -- you are more likely to be hit by a car and all that.

Anyway depends upon a lot of factors -- the training of the team in question (well funded and properly trained dense urban area vs "I'm normally on patrol, dreamed of being a cowboy, went on a weekend course and now using army hand me downs" in nowhere, middle of), the nature of the call against you (some places send their armed response team to serve high risk warrants, someone calls one of those in vs an active shooter or something) and the main one you can control being your house.

Not knowing the sort of training the swat team likely to be sent against you have I can't do specifics but basic tactical assessment is similar for most places, and fairly obvious. Start is don't have prominently displayed weapons (including ammo/ammo loading gear), even if they are decommissioned, reproduction, bb gun replicas... if you want to avoid "love ma country, hate my gubmint" signs and posters, and other things likely to inflame passions in such people, that would be better. Interior decoration tips beyond that I will spare today -- don't worry about arranging things to have better sight lines, movement... just have it so it works for you.
You might want to learn a submission pose. Classic is kneel down, cross your ankles (don't rest on them), interlock your fingers on your head. If you are on an upper floor then you may have more than enough time from realising your front door is kicked in to meeting them to adopt such a position. Some might go further and encourage pointing in a certain direction (weapon in waistband problem) but unless you are actually going to drill this constantly so you don't have to think about it just do the position. If you don't have time then go for fingers interlocked behind your head.

Dominator211

JFK's Jelly Donut
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it likely to happen to you? It seems like one of those vanishingly rare things that is not worth worrying about -- you are more likely to be hit by a car and all that.

Anyway depends upon a lot of factors -- the training of the team in question (well funded and properly trained dense urban area vs "I'm normally on patrol, dreamed of being a cowboy, went on a weekend course and now using army hand me downs" in nowhere, middle of), the nature of the call against you (some places send their armed response team to serve high risk warrants, someone calls one of those in vs an active shooter or something) and the main one you can control being your house.withrandyoutuber
Not knowing the sort of training the swat team likely to be sent against you have I can't do specifics but basic tactical assessment is similar for most places, and fairly obvious. Start is don't have prominently displayed weapons (including ammo/ammo loading gear), even if they are decommissioned, reproduction, bb gun replicas... if you want to avoid "love ma country, hate my gubmint" signs and posters, and other things likely to inflame passions in such people, that would be better. Interior decoration tips beyond that I will spare today -- don't worry about arranging things to have better sight lines, movement... just have it so it works for you.
You might want to learn a submission pose. Classic is kneel down, cross your ankles (don't rest on them), interlock your fingers on your head. If you are on an upper floor then you may have more than enough time from realising your front door is kicked in to meeting them to adopt such a position. Some might go further and encourage pointing in a certain direction (weapon in waistband problem) but unless you are actually going to drill this constantly so you don't have to think about it just do the position. If you don't have time then go for fingers interlocked behind your head.
im i it seems to happen all of the time with random YouTubers and celebs do the officers even have the right away to just shoot you?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Celebrities and random youtubers are a tiny and insignificant fraction of the population, also potentially more prone to it. Learn stats and stop idolising such people if you are heading down that path.

Also no they are not supposed to just drop you, such things being rather bad for community relations. They are supposed to assess the situation and act accordingly. Discharging your weapon is not something they want to do. However part of what makes swatting so dangerous is if the initial call is set up such that an immediate violent act is happening/about to happen they have to respond like it is real, not do much/any observation and that makes split second decisions and threat assessments the order of the day so as best you can give them no reason to see a threat.

Dominator211

JFK's Jelly Donut
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Celebrities and random youtubers are a tiny and insignificant fraction of the population, also potentially more prone to it. Learn stats and stop idolising such people if you are heading down that path.

Also no they are not supposed to just drop you, such things being rather bad for community relations. They are supposed to assess the situation and act accordingly. Discharging your weapon is not something they want to do. However part of what makes swatting so dangerous is if the initial call is set up such that an immediate violent act is happening/about to happen they have to respond like it is real, not do much/any observation and that makes split second decisions and threat assessments the order of the day so as best you can give them no reason to see a threat.
i was just usng that as an example because you tend to hear more about it in the news

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The news is a TV program like any other and they then want ratings. Long ago they figured out that fear, violence and tits gives them good ratings so show that.

There are few things potentially more violent than a swat raid and as swatting is against normal people it then makes the news.

Dominator211

JFK's Jelly Donut
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The news is a TV program like any other and they then want ratings. Long ago they figured out that fear, violence and tits gives them good ratings so show that.

There are few things potentially more violent than a swat raid and as swatting is against normal people it then makes the news.
said best from a reporter

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ubisoft should #stopkillinggames ngl
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    sony should #stopkillinggames
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    they killed LittleBigPlanet online, which was the main core of every LBP game
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    for real
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    at least with them, it was because of the DDOS attacks, ubisoft was just scummy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it