Hacking How likely is an EmuNAND or other way of keeping homebrew on latest firmware before Mario Maker?

GoldenSun3DS

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i doubt anyone (right now) really cares too much initially about 1:1 hardware emulation, the kind of people interesting in a emulator that plays retail games during a consoles life cycle aren't about 100% perfect replication of the console, but instead about playing the game for free no matter how botched it is to play it, and they generally don't give a crap about 100% compatibility or obscure missing helicopter shadow effects as long as they can play the zelda, mario and pokemon games they dont really care much more past that.....ofc they will whine and complain that they want faster FPS and better this and better that, but honestly i think most people who beg for emulators so early on would be happy* with running a game at 9 fps as long as they get it completely free and get to say "hah i dont need a wii u FU nintendo!"

*as happy as that bunch ever are with anything obviously they will still be saying "need more FPS!"and "WTF why won't it run on my celeron 333mhz windows 98 pc fix it NOW!"

Ahem.

http://i.imgur.com/M0r4M0M.jpg

You were saying?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If you think any of that is going to happen relatively soon, I'm sorry to say, you don't know the first thing about emulation. A Wii U emulator is at LEAST 10+ years away. (And that's IF an amazing team like the Dolphin team decides to pick it up, and IF PC hardware continues to advance very rapidly so that a consumer-level computer could actually handle such an emulator at a playable framerate.) May I remind you that the original Xbox was released in 2001, has very low specs in today's terms, and yet not a single good emulator for it exists.

If you don't see the value in playing homebrew and emulators on your Wii U because you can they're "better on a PC", I don't see any reason why you should wait around for a console hack that has nothing to offer you.

I remember reading that the original XBox never got emulated because:

1. It was overly complicated.

And

2. There was lack of interest with most of its popular games also being on GC/PS2, which already had emulators.

Don't try to use a bad example of one thing to prove a similar thing can't be done.
That's like saying if you can't drive a huge semi truck, you shouldn't even try to drive your mom's van.

Hacks and homebrew generally lead to emulators. 3DS emulation started early alpha not long after it got hacked.

IMO, enhancements like increased render resolution and custom controllers are worth any minor glitches you find in emulation. Obviously it's not going to be playable right after the emulator gets started.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I'm in my birthday suit! Lol