How is this possible?

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Satangel, Aug 25, 2008.

Aug 25, 2008

How is this possible? by Satangel at 4:08 PM (2,013 Views / 0 Likes) 27 replies

1. Satangel
    OP

Member Satangel BEAST

Belgium
    Im pretty sure everyone knows what I'm talking about when I say sleeping 'visions'.
    It goes like this:

You go to sleep on monday (for example), and you dream of a certain moment of only a few seconds.
    When you wake up on tuesday, you have forgotten the dream and just go on with the day.

And then at a certain moment, the moment you've dreamed of last night happens.
    Then after or even while that moment happens, you remember that you've dreamt it last night.

So in a way you've seen the future, only you don't know it anymore [​IMG]

I've even had this thing for a very long time. Like I dreamt of a moment of a few seconds, and that moment happened like 3 weeks later, and then I remembered it.
    Very weird stuff [​IMG]

2. Dio

Member Dio WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

United States
    You have precognition, which is good and bad in itself. You shouldn't let it control your life. Because even if you see something, you don't know how or why and when it happens. If there's something you would like to change in the future, you should do it on your own without relying on second sight. Because if you do depend on it, then you'll conditioned into thinking that the future is predetermined, which it isn't.

Right now I guess you would be extremely good at racing games?

3. Dragoon709

Member Dragoon709 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I've had the same thing happen to me in the past as well... and I never though anything of it before. It has not happened in quite some time that I can remember though......

4. Salamantis

Member Salamantis GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Canada
    Believe it or not, I actually have those things too sometimes, where I see something in a dream, forget about it, and then when it happens I remember I've seen it in my dream. I think it's mostly luck, just like those famous prophets that predicts the future (think Nostradamus). I can write something vague on a piece of paper, then in an undetermined amount of time it WILL happen in one form or another. Same thing with dreams, you dream of something, forget it, then sometime later it happens, and you think it was something you dreamed, but in fact it was something vague that seemed to fit in with the event.

5. pokemongalaxy

Banned pokemongalaxy Banned

Canada
    Yes that happens to me alot too, its not neccesarily telling the future... have you seen the film "the secret"...the human mind is VERY POWERFUL [​IMG]

6. da_head

Member da_head A dying dream..

Canada
    hah, from starwars rite?

7. Satangel
    OP

Member Satangel BEAST

Belgium
    No, I don't have that.
    I think all people have this, I just would like to hear an explanation.

8. xJonny

Member xJonny ...

Are you perhaps referring to what's known as "déjà vu" (lit. "already seen" in French)

It has happened to me many times, it's a strange phenomenon, because obviously we know we can't see into the future. Sometimes I've dreamed of situations, and in real life it leads up to that, but then changes and isn't exactly as I've dreamed, which perhaps leads me to believe I'm just tricking myself and haven't seen/done it before the event.

9. xJonny

Member xJonny ...

10. Satangel
    OP

Member Satangel BEAST

Belgium
    Yeah, I think that's it.
    But I remember an occasion where I had this thing, and it was with a new teacher (that I've never seen in my life).
    I've dreamt about it and at the moment, I knew what she was going to say.
    I hadn't seen her in my life, but still I had the Deja Vu thingy.

11. xJonny

Member xJonny ...

If the note on Wikipedia is correct, about 70% of people studied had experienced it (as well as most people who posted on this thread), so it is not abnormal to have this feeling of déjà vu. Still, it's a strange unexplained (unexplainable?) phenomenon.

12. cherryduck

Member cherryduck GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Yeah I get it all the time, it's quite bizzare, makes me feel like life is looping around like a moebius strip or something.

13. Doggy124

Member Doggy124 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Thailand
    Me too, Sometime I dream a strange situation. And can barely remember it in the morning.
    Then after amount of times, it happen, I feel "I'm sure I've seen this situation in my dream before"

the problem is how can we know which dream will became true?

14. xcalibur

Member xcalibur Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear

United Kingdom
    THE MATRIX IS FAILING!

Seriously though, when you go to sleep your mind reboots itself and processes everything you've been through that day. It could be possible that you just have a very predictable life [​IMG]

15. NoSoulX

Newcomer NoSoulX Advanced Member

Finland
    [​IMG] If that's the case. I had a dream around 10 years ago that I would be working now at a certain place.
    Huh, never thought it as precognition, just as a random dream scrapped up by memories.

When you sleep, basically all the unneccesary brain parts shut-down, excluding hearing and body functions and dreams are random synaptic bursts that happen from time to time, if I remember correctly.

16. Panzer Tacticer

Member Panzer Tacticer veteran human

Canada
    Wish I could offer you the explanation in such a way that a nuerologist wouldn't look at me as if I had slept through his lecture.

But here's the basics.

You brain is transmitting data from your eyes in such a way and at such a speed, that you "think" you have already experienced something, when it fact it is just a quirk of biology.

Sorry to wreck the fun of all those that want it to be something paranormal.

17. Satangel
    OP

Member Satangel BEAST

Belgium
    But how could I know what's gonna happen then?

18. BiscuitBee

Member BiscuitBee Semi-Resident Cookie-Bug

Canada
    Maybe your brain is just telling you that you knew that would happen. (...that sentence made 100% sense)

OR

It's time to train in Lucid Dreaming and take control to solve this mystery

19. jumpman17

Former Staff jumpman17 He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!

United States
    Dreams consist of many common day occurrences and/or your mind combines what you know into a guess of what may happen. Then 3 weeks later when your mom makes eggs for breakfast, you think holy crap, I dreamt the future! But in reality, it was just one of many millions of things you have dreamed happening which is bound to happen in everyday life.

20. WildWon

Former Staff WildWon EXTERMINATE!

United States
    I've had this happen many times through my life. I've come to a conclusion that, its not so much that i've actually had the dream of whats going on, but its just a brain-fuck (more or less) that you feel like you've seen it before in a dream. I believe that its a glitch in the brain for a hot second, and its perceived as having happened in some way before. But then again, i'm a HUGE skeptic on a lot of topics.

But you don't have to take my word for it.