• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

How is this different than what the Taliban does in Afghanistan? THIS is the American Taliban in action

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Representatives were not elected to strip away freedoms, and the vast majority of their constituency would not vote for such a ballot measure if given the chance.
Killing babies is not freedom. It's actually the opposite. Many of these laws have been ready since before the last election, so it looks like the people in those states agreed with them to vote their representatives back into office.

Reactions: Snintendog

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Killing babies is not freedom. It's actually the opposite. Many of these laws have been ready since before the last election, so it looks like the people in those states agreed with them to vote their representatives back into office.
Cool silly religious beliefs, bro. Doesn't mean you get to dictate laws to people of other religions or no religion.

ZeroT21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So-called supreme court is doing the same as China's People's Liberation Army, liberating it's citizens of whatever they like, though honestly I thought only congress can pass laws and judges could only pass down judgement based on existing laws, such funky times we live in :wacko:

Reactions: HellaJvke

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Representatives were not elected to strip away freedoms, and the vast majority of their constituency would not vote for such a ballot measure if given the chance.
Freedoms were upheld this week. The right to bear arms and self defense for everybody and the right to life for the unborn. Without the right to life, all the other ones are null and void.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I understand that speaking from an emotional place right now, and are being very illogical.
IIRC 16 states already had trigger laws go into effect the second the decision was handed down. The other 10 are very likely to pass such laws in the coming months. Pretending that rape doesn't exist, just so you can keep feeling good about being pro-authoritarianism, is what's illogical.

• Angry

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
IIRC 16 states already had trigger laws go into effect the second the decision was handed down. The other 10 are very likely to pass such laws in the coming months. Pretending that rape doesn't exist, just so you can keep feeling good about being pro-authoritarianism, is what's illogical.

You read ridiculous all over this thread. That's all I'm commenting on. Protecting life after it is conceived is not a protection of a rapist and it doesn't make rape legal.

Trophies
XP
healthy website

Screenshot-1656292247.png

Reactions: Hanafuda

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
You read ridiculous all over this thread. That's all I'm commenting on.
Then quote what you consider "ridiculous" and elaborate.

Protecting life after it is conceived is not a protection of a rapist and it doesn't make rape legal.
This has nothing to do with protecting life, Republicans in Texas just stood around while a bunch of elementary school kids were slaughtered in cold blood. This is all about certain men wanting absolute control over women, as well as trying to force an artificial baby boom to maintain the population of desperate serfs.

• Angry

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

My state's probably one of those you're counting as having a "trigger" law. Except that's not what it was. It was a statute passed in 1868 that remained on the books ever since. Democrats controlled both houses of the Legislature here from 1930 to 2014, and had from 1973 through 2014 to repeal it or even better, replace it with a codification of Roe. Never did. So with the SCOTUS decision, it is now back in effect. Woulda shoulda coulda.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Then quote what you consider "ridiculous" and elaborate.

I didn't quote it because I responded directly.

Rapists got a new freedom this week. Everybody else lost one.

This is the stupidest thing I've ever read from you. Rapists didn't get a new freedom. If anything they'd be liable for more costs. Your attempt to paint the repeal of RvW as rapists' rights is not only wholly disengenious, it's mentally unstable.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
My state's probably one of those you're counting as having a "trigger" law. Except that's not what it was. It was a statute passed in 1868 that remained on the books ever since. Democrats controlled both houses of the Legislature here from 1930 to 2014, and had from 1973 through 2014 to repeal it or even better, replace it with a codification of Roe. Never did. So with the SCOTUS decision, it is now back in effect. Woulda shoulda coulda.
Lol, and am I meant to be impressed that people in your state are now back to being beholden to 19th century law? Might as well go back to using leeches for most medical issues while you're at it.

Rapists are gonna have a tough time now that women in New York can conceal carry. You should probably be careful out there.
So you think open carry states have zero rape? And you think the rapists can't get guns themselves?

Rapists didn't get a new freedom.
Some states have proposed up to 90 years in jail for any doctor/nurse assisting with an abortion. These same states only carry a 3 year mandatory minimum for convicted rapists. And that's assuming they even get caught.

Last edited by Xzi,
  • Angry

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol, and am I meant to be impressed that people in your state are now back to being beholden to 19th century law? Might as well go back to using leeches for most medical issues while you're at it.

So you think open carry states have zero rape? And you think the rapists can't get guns themselves?

Some states have proposed up to 90 years in jail for any doctor/nurse assisting with an abortion. These same states only carry a 3 year mandatory minimum for convicted rapists. And that's assuming they even get caught.
Guns at least level the playing field for women, unless it is your intent for them to be at a disadvantage.

Reactions: Snintendog and Xzi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: where are my cute girls