Gaming how is the PSP online- gaming wise?

Tac 21

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
do games have customization? I find that a lot of worthy games could go online but don't.

Jiggah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Any game that can do adhoc (vast majority) can play online either through Xlink Kai Evo 7 or the new Adhoc Party, unlike the NDS where if the game only supports local wireless play then you're screwed.

xshoyz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Metal of Honor: Heroes 2 Online Multiplayer was one of the most fun multiplayer games I've ever played.
Now that I think of it, I'm tempted to go play it right now.

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are EXTREMELY few games that use WiFi directly, meaning that you pretty much NEED XLink Kai (which doesn't work for everyone) to play online. Haven't heard of ADHOC Party, maybe that works better.

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Pyrofyr said:
There are EXTREMELY few games that use WiFi directly, meaning that you pretty much NEED XLink Kai (which doesn't work for everyone) to play online. Haven't heard of ADHOC Party, maybe that works better.
Ad-Hoc Party is used with a PS3.

Also, there's not much of a community for online PSP games.

Devante

Crescent fresh at best.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right now there's a big Monster Hunter Freedom 2 and DISSIDIA: Final Fantasy community on the Adhoc Party program for the PS3.

I play both of those games with people every night.
I even played Street Fighter Alpha 3 against someone the other night. ha!

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well then, that's pretty worthless. What's the point of the PSP having WiFi in the first place if you can't use it without a PC or PS3? Lol.

And the PC one is a piece of shit, doesn't work, and site doesn't have a tutorial.
tongue.gif

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does Adhoc Party require the use of both a PS3 wired into the wall and a PSP using up the wifi end of things? If it does I'm out as I can't run a wire to the PS3.

Jiggah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Vampire Hunter D said:
Does Adhoc Party require the use of both a PS3 wired into the wall and a PSP using up the wifi end of things? If it does I'm out as I can't run a wire to the PS3.

Yes, it does. It requires the wireless to be in adhoc mode, which means it can't be in infrastructure mode.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I figured that was probably the case. See I was wondering about these things due to Phantasy Star because those morons at Sega didn't make it online. Sad thing is PSU requires online to have any fun elements to it as single player is basically like trying to do Guild Wars or WoW offline, by yourself, and in some dungeon area where you go maps deep with a very poor map so you get lost quick and forget what you're even bothering.

Tales of Destiny that has been out for a time on PSP is just like that and i couldn't tolerate more than a few hours of it as it has a good story unlike PSU. It saddens me, but at least Phantasy Star Zero for DS has a good story and online wifi and comes out like in 6mo~. Oh well at least I save $40 I can use towards Prinny or Ys Legacy on DS, or maybe Dragon Quest 5.

Devante

Crescent fresh at best.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
These games are worth trying to get a wire to your PS3.

They are very fun.
Dissidia is the greatest thing to happen to PSP and the PS3! ha

Tac 21

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
wow! thats pretty cool!

how unfortunate though- not many people must use it and the NDS has better options.... and thats not even saying much- I find the NDS to be lack luster- it could be so much better)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 10 tabs open on chrome and no slow downs suck it low ram ple bs lol