Hacking How is the DStwo+ compared to the original?

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Before anyone posts I have 0 interest in using it for 3DS emulation or even using it on the 3DS itself.

With that out the way I want to know how it compares with their original cart made back for the DS which I believe was released in 2012. Does it improve on the DS and GBA emulation in any significant way?

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Before anyone posts I have 0 interest in using it for 3DS emulation or even using it on the 3DS itself.

With that out the way I want to know how it compares with their original cart made back for the DS which I believe was released in 2012. Does it improve on the DS and GBA emulation in any significant way?
Nope

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So is it just a copy+paste of the original with extra steps for 3DS emulating.
Pretty much, they wanted to copy Gateway that badly.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If you buy a DSTWO right now there is a high chance its a "DSTWO+" in a DSTWO case.

Townsperson

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it might have slightly different hardware (Not positive). Regardless, I don't believe anyone is updating DSTwo emulators (GBA, SNES, etc.), so everything will run the same as it ever did (Also, it doesn't emulate DS games. Those run natively, and receive no improvement even with better flashcard hardware).

Townsperson

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought that was only if you attempted to use its 3DS game emulation. Otherwise it's just a regular DS flashcart right?

Yes. You don't even need to include the Gateway emulator software on your card, at which point the system looks identical to a DSTwo.

No brick risk if you use it as a DS card.

Reactions: cvskid

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My last question for now. Is there any emulated handheld similar to the K1 Revo that plays DS games and is open sourced?

Or is using a flashcart on a DS the closest ill be to having DS emulation on a handheld?

Townsperson

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My last question for now. Is there any emulated handheld similar to the K1 Revo that plays DS games and is open sourced?

Or is using a flashcart on a DS the closest ill be to having DS emulation on a handheld?

If you can find some weird Chinese handheld that runs Android, you can emulate DS games. So, there's that. Probably not what you want, but it's the best I've got (The takeaway here is that Android has a solid DS emulator).

Reactions: Subtle Demise

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why are you after something that emulates the DS, when you clearly have the hardware eg. An actual DS?

IMO the best DS experience is on a DSi XL.
Hardware preservation.

Also if there's something out there that can do a better job then I'd be all over it but that's fine I'll stick to my DStwo on my DSi (no thank you to having a miniature laptop.)

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I always have trouble figuring out what you're saying... :blink:

My translator must be on the blink.
To me a handheld should be just that, something small and portable to play games on the go. Having a larger system defeats the purpose of what makes a handheld in the first place. On top of that all it's doing is stretching the pixels and reducing the quality of the games itself.

Your free to enjoy the XL while ill play on the standard size, if I cared that much about size I'd just play DeSmuME emulator on PC with a 32 inch monitor, full screen.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: Good morning everyone