Hacking How is the banhammer situation nowadays?

Osakasan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So uh... it's been a while, huh?

Well, yesterday i got a New, pristine, unhacked New 3DS and i was looking to hack it so i could take advantage of the New 3DS mode on old 3DS games and, more than anything, emulation. The thing is, my old 3DS was banned in the first banwave and i was wondering if the things would have finally calmed.

I have no intentions to pirate anything, i just want to use it as my main, legit 3DS and as an emulation machine, so i don't want to be hit by the banhammer again.

What are my chances?

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

alemonplays

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The chances to get a ban on a 3ds are very very low. You can play the games online as long as you don't cheat there, you are safe.

So... this means I could play offline games without any risk (ex. Zelda Games) and also use online services like Pokemon Trading/Battling and/or play Super Mario Maker Levels as long as I don't use any cheating like Action Replay Codes something like that and with that I'm not getting banned?

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
So... this means I could play offline games without any risk (ex. Zelda Games) and also use online services like Pokemon Trading/Battling and/or play Super Mario Maker Levels as long as I don't use any cheating like Action Replay Codes something like that and with that I'm not getting banned?
Correct

Tom-B

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Think about it from Nitendo's point of view. The 3ds is at the end of its life, at this point they probably don't want to dissuade people from buying their existing stock of hardware even if they never purchase a single game.

Osakasan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Think about it from Nitendo's point of view. The 3ds is at the end of its life, at this point they probably don't want to dissuade people from buying their existing stock of hardware even if they never purchase a single game.

To be honest, I've never been sure about that. First of all, Nintendo's main revenue always comes from the games, second, it's strange to make a post like that the same month they win an important lawsuit against piracy in the UK.

By the way, it took me a while but I finally did it. Gotta love how Castlevania and Luigi's Mansion improve drastically. Now, I'll have to take a look at Retroarch and ports of Quake, Doom, etc...

Tom-B

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
To be honest, I've never been sure about that. First of all, Nintendo's main revenue always comes from the games, second, it's strange to make a post like that the same month they win an important lawsuit against piracy in the UK.

Of course they're shutting down Switch piracy sites, but the 3ds is old news and I doubt they pay much attention to it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr