Dreamre

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello,

I purchased a DSi about a month ago and I realize that I have a dead pixel as well as poor craftsmanship on the lid.

Does anyone have experience with Nintendo's repair facilities? Did you receive your fixed devices with scratches and whatnot?

I'm located in Toronto, so I'm supposed to drop off my unit with NESA.

If you guys got a refurb back, how is the quality? Any scratches or whatnot?

I'm sort of particular on scratches and whatnot...hehe.

Thanks so much guys!

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well, I am not sure about the US/Canada. But their services here in the UK is quite decent.
One of my original DS wasnt turning on(launch DS Phat) and I was given a replacement(brand new).
biggrin.gif

Tonitonichopchop

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've always had great service from Nintendo. Twice I sent in my DS, and not only did they fix my problem (Broken R button) they even fixed the crack in my hinge. You have nothing to worry about.

Dreamre

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thank you guys so much for the quick reply!

At Tonitonichopchop,

Did you get yours repaired also? Or did they give you a replacement?

I just don't want to get back my DS with scratches or whatnot, I barely even played with my DSi.

Thanks!

loco365

Trophies
XP
Dreamre said:
Thank you guys so much for the quick reply!

At Tonitonichopchop,

Did you get yours repaired also? Or did they give you a replacement?

I just don't want to get back my DS with scratches or whatnot, I barely even played with my DSi.

Thanks!
If it's a DSi, they will repair it really nice. I had to get my R button fixed, but they also replaced my scratched-up matte finish, repaired all my buttons, repaired the hinge, and gave me another year of free warranty. If they cannot repair it, they will transfer all your DSiWare purchases over to a new DSi console and send it back with warranty extension. That's why they tell you to not return the product to a store in the event of a defect in the system.

choconado

Doesn't understand a damn thing on here
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
NoA has some of the best customer service I've seen in my life.

Around 16 months ago, my toddler son had broken the left hinge on my DSL by dropping it on hard floor. The ribbon was exposed and everything. I called up NoA hoping to find out what I could do, even though the system was bought about two years before that refurbished from Gamestop.
After being told that I needed a warranty to get free repairs, I thanked the nice woman kindly. She then quickly let me know they could do a one time exception for me. Yes really. Not only did they fix the hinge, but they recalibrated the touch screen (something that was desperately needed) and took off any scratches from the screen! And I got a one year Warranty from it to boot!

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The service is good. When I first got my DSL, the R button stopped working. Sent it into them, and received it back within a couple days. Of course I'm in the same province as the place I had to send it, only a few hours away, but yeah.

The only thing though, when I tried taking my DSL apart the other day (long after I got it back), one of the screws was stripped... and I never touched it before because I never had the tri-wing.

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
zuron7 said:
But, isn't it expensive?
I remember my dad was going to Europe so I sent my DS along with him to get a hinge fixed and they asked for more than 30 euros to repair it.
Nintendo has set repair prices once out of warranty. Having an L or R button fixed would cost the same as having it 'repaired' after running it over with your car. In the event of the latter, they'd just send you a new one.

Dreamre

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, I'd like to thank each and every one of you for your prompt replies!

I really appreciate it.

I'm finished with finals, so I'll be heading down to NESA to drop off my DSi.

Hope everything goes well!

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really do love Nintendo and their "repairs".

I sent my DSi XL in for shoulder button issues. It had a little scratch on the top part of touch screen, but I never specified it.

They sent me back my same DSi XL with fixed shoulder buttons AND a new screen!
tongue.gif

Dreamre

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Alright, so I promised I'd update you guys on my repair.

I brought it into NESA and the I received a call the day after saying it was ready for pick-up. To my surprise, I received a refurb device, but I was happy anyways. I later realize that there are scratches on the touch screen and the camera lens and also a dead pixel (this is bad considering the one I gave in was in mint condition as it was barely used and a month old). I quickly called Nintendo and they gave me another repair order number.

After dropping off my second DSi, the manager gives me a hard time and whatnot, but with my repair number, I dropped it off again. Sadly, the DSi after that one had a deep scratch on the screen. While in the repair center, I call Nintendo and the service rep issues me another repair number and tells me that since I already exchanged my devices so many times, he would allow me to leave with a DSi the day of (do not need to wait for a days time to process).

The lady at the front desk then let me inspect a couple of DSi's and I picked one without any flaws. Surprisingly a lot of the refurbs also had similar scratches.

So the moral of the story is that, Nintendo's customer service is fantastic, but their contracted repair center plainly sucks. Horrible attitude and extremely rude.

Here are some pictures of my "fixed" DSi:

IMG_4127.jpg

IMG_4128.jpg

IMG_4129.jpg

IMG_4130.jpg

IMG_4131.jpg

IMG_4132.jpg

IMG_4135.jpg

IMG_4136.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkYA4rALqEE