How is GBAtemp supported financially?

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You guys should set up a donate button, you deserve it.

Oh and mthrnite you should sell your songs, they're quite good... or give them away for free and put a donate button on your site.

OR get a job at ChaCha.com

You can work anytime you want, work from home, and you get 5$ for every search that someone asks you to do, I'd work there if I was 18.

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You guys should set up a donate button, you deserve it.
Oh please. We tried that before to raise money for hosting and raised about £15 after a few months.
tongue.gif

decript

A melon a day, keeps t3h monkey away
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Serious kudos to the staff for keeping this site active!
I loved the april fools joke where you set up google ads at the top, and members questioned it and the staff 'got angry and claimed everyone was selfish'.
biggrin.gif

Good times.

elfgirl_45

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You guys are too cool. It never even occurred to me that you were pulling from your own pockets to keep the site up and ad-free. I just figured it was the tooth fairy keeping this site alive or something. My other favorite forum just recently started asking for money (by buying shirts, dvds, or donating etc) to keep it up and ad-free... I'm sure their intentions are good but it's still kind of irritating. A big thanks to you guys!

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heeeeeell Yeeeaaaah!

hyue9.jpg

that's awesome. thanks, fellas. I always figured it was some kind of Amway scam or a Russian mafia money laundering front or something.
tongue.gif

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom

iza

gbatemp, the new crack
Trophies
Website
myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
its because your content in the middle is sooo fascinating...and next time im in europe, i'm buying each of the staff members a hooker....hey, if 16 is legal in germany and some other countries where they have whorehouses, is it still an underage hooker? is there a hooking age?

edit: WHY DIDNT I TELL MY GIRLFRIEND TO WAIT FOR ME AT THE HOTEL WHEN I WAS IN AMSTERDAM, WHY GOD, WHY?!?!?! (lol...prolly cuz i was wayyyyy to f*ckd up to remember my way back). with street names like Oojwebaezaelissa (i know, i made that one up...but thats what they looked like to me) can ya blame me?

iza

gbatemp, the new crack
Trophies
Website
myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
its because your content in the middle is sooo fascinating...and next time im in europe, i'm buying each of the staff members a hooker....hey, if 16 is legal in germany and some other countries where they have whorehouses, is it still an underage hooker? is there a hooking age?

wha?
huh.gif

i take it theres no prominent whore houses in the UK.... maybe GBAtemp should start one...

stivsama

GBA-Tenchan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I also believeD the "free" review kits keep the site, or at least the admins, up.
smile.gif

Just so the current "owners" know, I won't complain when gbatemp adopts ads, I'm a beggar who just doesn't choose.

I miss Kivan et al, but I'm sure glad the new staff picked up the slack. GBATemp certainly evolved and I fully expect it to still be here when I FINALLY get the whole DS Flash shebang!
smile.gif
)

Torte

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Just wanted to give a big thanks to all the admins who make GBATemp possible. I love you guys
smile.gif

imgod22222

GBAtemp's Original No-faced Member
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hey, if you guys need to raise money, on the portal you can have a link next to the search button, that says "ADs" and whenever someone clicks it they are instantly flooded with 100 ads which contain no popup, spyware, or adware, just 100 banners. So whenever says, i wish i could donate to GBAtemp, they can by looking at 100 banners. Pretty much just have ads, but where no one can see them unless they truely want to.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @RedColoredStars My condolences, was that your cat? +1