• Replies 44

altorn

Trophies
Website
atlaswing.zxq.net
XP
Country
Canada
most of the quests you take will make you think "Another one, gotta finish this fast.", where you lose the feeling of adventure.. Although if you follow the story-related quests, its pretty engaging.. story is good too..

Yeah, if you have a flashcart, try it out already instead of asking 1 by 1 questions here..

you can check out websites that review games, here is an example : http://ds.ign.com/dor/objects/869381/final...8021750740.html

Private|Par

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ojsinnerz, no matter how much you pimp your order, it's still just an opinion from a faceless person on an internet forum. Personally, I rarely trust any opinions I read on the internet unless I have played the game myself. I'm going to go legally buy Luminous Arc 2 right now and play it, especially if it is better than this.

That was all a round-about way of saying I love this game, it is one of the best if not THE best SRPGs I have ever played. It does have its faults, but the fact that the battles take long may indeed be a plus for some people. However, I'm just another faceless person on the internet, albeit with a funny name. If you are really interested, you would have legally bought it completely legitimately already.

Mei-o

Generic Asian Kid™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
At first I was like...
KONATAAAA-2.png

Then I was like...
th1214507047118.jpg

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Private|Parts said:
ojsinnerz, no matter how much you pimp your order, it's still just an opinion from a faceless person on an internet forum. Personally, I rarely trust any opinions I read on the internet unless I have played the game myself. I'm going to go legally buy Luminous Arc 2 right now and play it, especially if it is better than this.

That was all a round-about way of saying I love this game, it is one of the best if not THE best SRPGs I have ever played. It does have its faults, but the fact that the battles take long may indeed be a plus for some people. However, I'm just another faceless person on the internet, albeit with a funny name. If you are really interested, you would have legally bought it completely legitimately already.

Obviously, I'm aware of that I'm just a simple faceless person on the internet forum. I'm just expressing my own opinion, nothing more. If the OP listens, then he listens. If he ignores, then he ignores. It's his own choice.

Read my review of it. It's on my link. If you don't like the game from the looks of it, or just the disadvantages it has, compared to FFTA2, then I have no reasons to flame or whatnot. Everyone has their own opinions, and I have no rights to force some one into liking it.

I'm planning on continue playing FFTA2, and maybe that'll change my opinion, but into 3 hours in, I'm very bored. I really hate the controls in the game. Slow stylus control, and awkward controls (IMO) really frustrate me.

And, I actually do planning on purchasing LA2, if the stores in Vancouver wasn't such a big @(I$#* and @#(IU%#*( and actually had some games I want. All they have is Mario kart, NSMB, and rests of other games not too many people care about anymore. They did have Trauma center 2, which I also plan on getting some day, but, they don't have anything else. I have to buy it off of Ebay. I just hate how the retail stores around here don't have ANYTHING good.

It comes with the soundtrack, which is great, because I liked the music in the second game.

Lastly. Play the game on your flashkart, and if you like it enough, then buy it if you like it, instead of just listening to an anonymous on the internet. You'll know for yourself.

Note: It's in full JP, so you probably won't understand anything.

Private|Par

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah that's my only worry when it comes to Luminous Arc 2. Is there a translation patch? The stylus controls do get annoying in FFTA2. That's why I don't use them, because I'm used to normal FFTA. I played a bit of the first Luminous Arc, the story is bogging me down and the controls I hate, which is rather ironic. They force you into stylus only controls which I believe is counter-intuitive for strategy gaming, as I think the cursor is easier to control in D-Pad mode. However, I'll try out LA2, even if I won't understand anything.

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Are you going to buy it, or download it? Buying something you won't understand is a waste IMO, especially if it's more than $20 or so

Edit: typos, and I wanna ask something, what does ftw means? Since I know what wtf is, knowing what ftw is will be much better
smile.gif

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Private|Parts said:
Yeah that's my only worry when it comes to Luminous Arc 2. Is there a translation patch? The stylus controls do get annoying in FFTA2. That's why I don't use them, because I'm used to normal FFTA. I played a bit of the first Luminous Arc, the story is bogging me down and the controls I hate, which is rather ironic. They force you into stylus only controls which I believe is counter-intuitive for strategy gaming, as I think the cursor is easier to control in D-Pad mode. However, I'll try out LA2, even if I won't understand anything.

There isn't a translation patch, but it's being localized to be released in November. The story is at least better than "A boy goes into a book". And the controls are actually pretty good here. Accurate, fast, and etc. And like I said, I explained most of the stuff in my review, so read that.

Mei-o

Generic Asian Kid™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Raestloz said:
Are you going to buy it, or download it? Buying something you won't understand is a waste IMO, especially if it's more than $20 or so

Edit: typos, and I wanna ask something, what does ftw means? Since I know what wtf is, knowing what ftw is will be much better
smile.gif
Fuck the what, duh!

J/k, it means 'for the win'.

Luminous Arc has now intrigued me.*downloads*

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
_Unmei_ said:
Raestloz said:

smile.gif
Fuck the what, duh!

If you're downloading the first LA, then it's not that great.....

Mei-o

Generic Asian Kid™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ojsinnerz said:
_Unmei_ said:
Raestloz said:

smile.gif
Fuck the what, duh!

If you're downloading the first LA, then it's not that great.....
So I've heard...I'll still check it out, it's free anyway, I'll download 2 afterwards.

Private|Par

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah Unmei, LA1 is definitely not worth the download. LA2 has piqued my interest, however I am worried that because of the lack of customization I won't like it. Customization is the real reason I think FFTA shines.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Private|Parts said:
Yeah Unmei, LA1 is definitely not worth the download. LA2 has piqued my interest, however I am worried that because of the lack of customization I won't like it. Customization is the real reason I think FFTA shines.

Yea. If you're into customization, LA 2 is very lacking. It has more customization than the previous, but still doesn't have any job changes, or able to choose the magic you want to use. It just focuses on the main gameplay, and less on the customization......

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end