Hacking How i think the solder-less Team Excuter chip will work.

Dominator211

JFK's Jelly Donut
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First of all, this is just my pure speculation not is confirmed yet. So if any of you did not see the article published last week that GBATemp got insider information on how the Team Executer Switch modchips are going to work. Team Executor CLAIMS that it has a solder version and solder-less version of their modchip. So I started to think about how it would work and my idea is that since most of the switches components use "lego" connector to connect to the motherboard I think it will use one or more of these connections to allowed homebrew. this is just speculation and I'm just saying what I think. I have so many questions that I hope will get answered in the future once more information becomes available.

I don't know about you guys but I cant solder for the life of me... but I will go get the screwdriver set right now if it means I can mod my switch without soldiering...

Reactions: kramer987

AxlSt00pid

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
But you only said how you think it will connect /s
Anyway, I think it will use the USB interfaces of the switch, as in the USB C for portable mode and regular USB for docked mode
(Think of it as the chip on a separate motherboard which has a USB C connector and comes with a USB C to A adapter)

Jacklack3

( ゚ヮ゚) buddie was here
Trophies
Website
jackomix.neocities.org
XP
Country
Canada
Team Executor CLAIMS that it has a solder version and solder-less version of their modchip.
wat? It's not that they claim, they HAVE made a solder and solder-less version, look at the sentence more closely and they don't say it as if they HOPE to, they DO.

Also @yardie thank you for the quote that I will use forever.
waste of thread

Reactions: Dominator211

Dominator211

JFK's Jelly Donut
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyway, I think it will use the USB interfaces of the switch, as in the USB C for portable mode and regular USB for docked mode
(Think of it as the chip on a separate motherboard which has a USB C connector and comes with a USB C to A adapter)
oh like another form of pluggable media.... that gonna be a pain in the ass

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh like another form of pluggable media.... that gonna be a pain in the ass

Right, because soldering tiny-ass wires and other small easily-broken components on small Switch motherboard isn't any more of a pain in the ass.

Last edited by the_randomizer,

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

maybe it is 2 seperate exploits as well as 2 separate chips/devices

one , the solderless one will use what is essentially just a DRM device possibly either a cart or a USB dongle and be sort of a semi tethered hack that requires the device to be connected/inserted at boot (but that could be removed after, especially if it is a USB C dongle, you could plug it in, boot , then remove the dongle so you could put in on the dock)
and will only work with the lower FW's and will use a softmod that only relies on the hardware for DRM purposes like the TB dongle did on PS3

then there will be a second soldered in device , a chip that uses another totally separate exploit , this time a hard mod exploit like a RGH attack
that will be needed for consoles on higher FW's

Last edited by weatMod,

Dominator211

JFK's Jelly Donut
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, seeing as I have no soldering experience, I'm gonna have to go with the dongle, so...yeah.
same here... they are gonna have to implement something so what your jackass friend pulls it out your console doesn't completely shi the bed. I don't want this to be like cold boot haxchi where you cant click the software title or it will brick your system... if this scenario bricks the console it is a hard no for me!

Last edited by Dominator211,

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
same here... they are gonna have to implement something so what your jackass friend pulls it out your console doesn't completely shi the bed. I don't want this to be like cold boot haxchi where you cant click the software title or it will brick your system... if this scenario bricks the console it is a hard no for me!

We don't even know how this will work, and I hope it's something like a thumb-drive sized dongle.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...