Tutorial  Updated

How I hacked my Vita without an official memory card using SD2Vita

I'm basically writing this up because there wasn't any updated info on this & so I can remember what I did haha
And you're done :D

If you want to play backup's of your games the newest & preferred method is using NoNpDrm https://github.com/TheOfficialFloW/NoNpDrm follow the instruction there to install the plugin & learn how to backup/dump your games.

If you have problems getting NoNpDrm to work with SD2Vita, this reddit post helped me with the config file:
Reddit said:
1) Download the latest release of the NoNpDrm Plugin.

2) Place it on the “ux0:tai/” (Normal MC) or “ur0:tai/” (sd2vita) folder in your console.

3) On VitaShell browse to “ux0:tai/” or “ur0:tai/”and open the “config.txt” file with (X)

4) Navigate to the “*KERNEL” line and insert 1 new line below it -On the new line insert “ux0:tai/nonpdrm.skprx” or “ur0:tai/nonpdrm.skprx” for sd2vita users

5) Restart your console with Vitashell TIP: Step 1 to 5 only need to be performed the first time you install the plugin.

6) To install games, place your NoNpDrm dump on the “ux0:app” folder of your console.

7) To install DLC, place your NoNpDrm DLC on the “ux0:addcont/[GameID]/[DLCFolder]” directory and the needed licenses on the “ux0:license/addcont/[GameID]/[DLCFolder]” directory of your console.

8) To install updates, place your NoNpDrm updates on the “ux0:Patch/[GameID]” folder of your console.

9) After you place all the desired files on the respective locations, go to VitaShell and open the (TRIANGLE) Menu on the Home Screen, select “Refresh Livearea” and wait for it to update the screen with your games.

10) PROFIT!!!

NOTE: For NoNpDrm games to save properly they must be mounted on a “ux0:” partition.

Misc plugins that I have installed (will update):

Last edited by clancy94,

clancy94

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Last edited by clancy94,

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I want to have the SD2Vita as the location for Roms, ISOs and the PSPEmu. Music also because the Vita Music Player just shows ALL the Tracks when they should be in Folders, sectioned off.
Only problem is, I think I have some Games on the other 2 Cards I have that I dont have on my 64GB Card. Hope there will be a Vita2USB Adapter at some point

Last edited by Smoker1,

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you Clancy will bookmark this thread for sure. Gonna put money on the side for a 256GB sd card already have the adapter ready

Hi-Dro

Trophies
XP
Country
That's the YouTube tutorial I followed. Of course, that one assumes you have a Vita memory card.
Is it possible without one ?

Edit: note to self Duh yes it is possible that's what this thread is about, got confused by the previous poster.

Last edited by Hi-Dro,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.