MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Mask Life™ is when you wear cute masks that don’t really do much in the form of protecting but are cute and make you cuter! Oh and you excitedly say “Mask Life™!”
BRB, doing this from now on! :D

I have a mask that has the Goose on it with a knife in his mouth, and it says "vibe check." on it. ^_^

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Let's see, it all started in December 23rd of 2019; My friend Allison went with her boyfriend (the media says hiking in the woods, but she doesn't hike, she just goes there to smoke weed) and she went missing. Her boyfriend was found 22 hours later passed out in someone's truck in their driveway. He's been arrested on separate charges, and is doing 3 years for those unaffiliated theft charges. But my friend Allison was still missing. Search parties search for her all winter long.

January: Still no signs of Allison being found, and my hopes of her being found alive are dwindling.

February
: I don't like that we live in a dumpy apartment with slob as a roommate, so we get a new place, which forces her to move out. Finally, things are going right for us.

March 5th, 2020
: I clock into work and my mom calls me. She NEVER calls me unless it's an emergency. So I go to the break room where it's easier to hear her. She tells me over the phone that my brother Andrew just died in a car accident. I might as well have died too, because from here on out, I'm not the same person I was. I've died inside. So we get my brother's remains cremated, and we're starting to plan a Celebration of Life, when COVID hits. Lockdowns begin, and now we can't even have a Celebration of Life that my brother deserves; My family can't get closure.
The rest of March: LOCKDOWN IN FULL EFFECT.

April: No COVID cure. My Great Uncle passed away. (Old age, bad heart)

May
: No COVID cure. Uneventfully. Can't do shit for my birthday.

June
: No COVID cure. My missing friend Allison is found DEAD. Still a cold case, with no new leads.

July
: No COVID cure. My Great Aunt passed away (Wife of my Great Uncle. Old age, broken heart.) And my Girlfriend lost her job due to being bullied by her boss.

August
: No COVID cure. We hit a deer with our car, costing us $500 USD to fix it. Later in August: Our transmission goes out. (Fixed for free, thankfully!) Everything around me is on fire, and smoke is dense outside.

September: No COVID cure, but russia announces a vaccine. I lost my job of 7 years.

October: No COVID cure or vaccine. My grandma's sister fell on some stairs, snapped her upper right arm in half, bruised her ribs, and chipped a tooth. Hospitalized for a day.

November: Disasters To Be Determined. Could possibly lead to another 4 year Trumpster fire, we'll have to wait and see.

December: Disasters To Be Determined. Could possibly lead to another 4 year Trumpster fire, we'll have to wait and see.

F U C K 2 0 2 0 !
(At least I got a new apartment out of it, I guess...)

Were you honestly expecting a cure? There have been one or two over the years but most things are "keep them alive and long term symptoms minimal while their immune system sorts it out", let it burn itself out, live with it (possibly while managing transmission as best you can) or get a vaccine.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Not much, apart from bottling up real life issues inside of myself, until last December where everything became unbearable.

Then January comes, probably at my lowest. Avoided most of everyone I know, ghosted most of my family out of my life, stuck in a work eat sleep spiral until the month of March.

The Covid shit happened, drastic measures at work were put in place, while we already were struggling to compensate the lack of/unreliable staff.
Things were seriously pissing me off, constantly working double, often 7 days in a row, just because I had nothing else to do, which incidentally lead me into saving up, until March 30th, where I was fired out of the blue using the "we need to reduce staff" and blah blah blah.

On the other hand, this gave me more time for introspection, after many months waiting I finally could get a doctor in September, having regular appointments, and getting everything checked, so I could improve myself when we find what is wrong in me.
This is probably the best that happened to me, despite all the bullshit going worldwide, I suppose I got it relatively easy.
Depression and anxiety are not fun, but people dying or having to live with a terrible government isn't the same.

Speaking of which I must get blood taken for tests tomorrow morning, not terribly excited about it but it's a necessary procedure, which I welcome considering I have had no doctor for so many years.
Hopefully I have nothing that was developing in me I was not aware of.

So overall I wouldn't say 2020 was great for me, quite frankly 2018 and 2019 sucked, so it's actually an improvement now.
Still... things could have been a lot better. But as long as I have a place to sleep and food to eat, I will be fine.

Ricken

Searching for the air to breathe~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2020 has given me a lot of time to myself; time to accept myself for who I am and time to accept my mind for what it is. I feel like I'm grasping just how little anything means in life, and I'm fully okay with that; there's plenty more in the world for me to learn about, and so long as I can learn, I'm content with this life.

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, being in debt and trying to find a job that pays better has been the biggest changes to my routine in 2020 so far!

That being said, it's pushed my big plans back by a year, or, at this point, until winter comes to an end next year at least. The job I was actually looking to land didn't hire people for the Summer, and now that they're hiring again, and that two of my biggest bills are history (I haven't got a certain item to make that official yet, but the bank has said everything's cleared so far), I'm not as anxious as I was when shit was hitting the fan earlier this year.

What has changed is my opinion on things in the world, or, more specifically, the United States of America and the people living within it. The United States is supposed to be based on the statement of "We The People." That means that what happens in the government, and everything, from lockdowns sometimes approaching China-levels of dystopia, people acting like the virus isn't as big of a threat as it should be, and the insanity of the people who are supposed to be the next generation of voters coming after Generation X and even Millennials has had me considering moving to another country depending on how bad things get.

As for my job at Walmart, it's like I was on a train that was headed for a cliff, and there were two other trains. One labeled Target and the other being my current job, and I jumped onto Target when I saw the edge where I'd be getting the boot, and jumped onto Target, waiting for the next cable car to jump onto my current job, and the one I was actually looking to get on earlier this year in hopes of getting out of debt much more quickly thanks to the generous payout of working OT at this particular job compared to any other job I've worked up to this point.

Last, but most certainly not least, this year, with the lockdown, the mask mandates, and just...the promotion of this culture of fearing others via social distancing just to keep people "safe," has made my desire to look for a wife, or just even a girlfriend in general that I can cuddle with, hug, kiss, hold hands, and...well, ya' know, the rest of that nine miles :rofl:, it's made me want to be closer to someone during this whole time stronger than ever before. Before this year, 2020 seemed like this futuristic, hopeful party incoming to celebrate this last decade and look forward to what's coming next. The amount of people who gave a shit about the big guys in town and what they did was blissfully ignorant, albeit to a harmful extent IMO, but they had good reason to have hope in the future. And this gets to the heart of why I think people, not just on the Internet, but IRL, are more passionate about how things in government and the world affect them:

The government you live under, especially federal, but also the state and local government we live under, has more power to affect people's lives than ever before, to an extent that it tramples upon the individuals' ability to be independent IMHO. People, for the most part, have their social circles they want to be in, regardless of a lockdown or not. It's just a natural part of who we are; people who live socially unfulfilled lives have been studied to have health issues that those who get that happiness don't. So when you tell people that their main social circles, be it church, a forum both offline and online, or just their local sporting group, can't get together and spend time with each other, people who are disagreeable will naturally be going "don't tread on me." They have their opinions and perspectives on the government mandating this and that, and ultimately, the government just can't save everyone. It's not mathematically possible. So they end up picking and choosing, which leads to a situation of the haves and have-nots; people who earn more money on unemployment than they do contributing to society? Why not take advantage of that? After all, they'll never have to pay that money that they borrowed from taxpayers back, so why should they care?

People want to earn their just awards. When you take anything out of that, and they see it funding people who, in their view, whose lives aren't getting better, and they're wasting the money on alcohol, smoking, and every other "vice" that you see people whose view on welfare isn't positive, they end up feeling like the "have-nots."

Eventually, people are going to run out of money, cities will not get the funding they need to rebuild, and then what do you have? You have a country no different from that of Venezuela, where they have to bury their dead in plastic bags...I mean...

...you cannot keep printing money. If something becomes so commonplace that its taken for granted, its of no value. Why do you think the US Sega CD version of Snatcher is so expensive to obtain on eBay? That's because there's not that many physical copies of the game to go around, and people, if they are aware of the game's value, might even keep it sealed in the plastic as a sort of insurance in the event hard times like what we're living in come around and they have to start selling things off to make ends meet, if not their entire collection, and that can become problematic if there's no recovery to be had because then no one will be able to pay the damn price of admission, and when that happens, people will become desperate. Maybe not for games per se, but for just resources in general, though I wouldn't be surprised if that hasn't happened even before shit has hit the fan economically like this year has. And I know, "that would never happen to the US, right?" That's what the Rome, Greece, Persia, Babylon, Israel, and every great nation has thought before it went through a crisis, if not outright dissolution and conquest.

To apply it to video games, it seems like that's what's happening to Sony right now; they're in a hubris, they think that, due to them exploiting Microsoft's Always Online DRM BS that, for the record, Sony themselves was going to go through with until Microsoft's optics went so south that they went with plan B on that front and managed to outdo Microsoft and Nintendo this last generation, that they're invincible like The Titanic. IDK if I'd say they fucked up in a "$599 US DOLLARS" and "IT'S RIDGE RACAH! RIIIIIIIIDGE RACAH! REMEMBER THAT ONE!?" kind of way per se, and while I personally think they and the Xbox Series Whatever will end up trading blows with each other to what could end up being practically a draw by the end of the 7th generation of consoles, who knows with streaming and all of these new paradigms that companies want to force down consumers' throat to keep them always connected.

Every entity I mentioned here has a self-interest, at the end of the day; they don't care about you insomuch as long as you're feeding them cash to keep them going. I'm sure the next generation of consoles will be great, in spite of this very weird time in the world that, IMO, we'll all look back on and be like, "yeah, remember when the extroverts got to feel the introverts' pain!? Good times!" IDK what the future will hold, but I sure as hell hope that we can, through growing up and realizing the things that we took for granted coming into this year from 2019, that we'll gain a greater appreciation for what's come before, not because what came before was perfect by any means, but because without it, we wouldn't be where we are today. That's not to say that it's all sunshine and roses going forward. There's real problems that need real solutions (US national debt, anyone? With all of the unfunded liabilities and all?), for sure. But I believe, given the few times that the economy roared back with insane recoveries this past year when coronavirus restrictions eased up, that we still remember normal on a macro level of society, and that whatever "new normal" that we've heard about throughout this year will not come to pass, whatever it is.

P.S. I know this last part went way off into something that belongs more in politics, but I just kind of wanted to release some thoughts that I've held in for way longer than I ever should've.

MohammedQ8

Trophies
XP
Country
Kuwait
For the first time in my life, in 2020 people asked me for money and I gave him because he promised to give it back. He didn’t give me my money back by himself I had to track him down.

I learned not to give or borrow money from people ever.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

He had the nerve to ask me for money again. I shout him down.

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
2020 is just another crappy year of my life. Nothing out of the ordinary to be honest.

My life has been kinda like this year has been to all of you, so I'm used to not hold any kind of expectations.
I live my life with literally no smile, excitement or happiness because that's temporal/not worth it or enjoyable.

When you learn to live with literally no expectations, you
won't be surprised by the oddities and unexpected events that might occur.
I always try to think ahead of any event so nearly all the time I have an answer/response to anything that might occur to me.

Kidding you not, there's almost nothing that can surprise me. I always think/hope for the worst and I try to keep my excitement at a very low level.

If you don't expect anything, you can't be disappointed.
But that doesn't mean I can't laugh about it.

Deleted member 397813

Global Dingus
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
2. Society hates freedom.
we-live-in-5aa328.jpg

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

i also discovered i was bi, and i got into tf2 way more.

D

Deleted User

well. i've gotten a lot less done than i have in previous years and gained a taste for reading my hero academia fanfiction despite not seeing the source material. also getting a lot less exercise than i used to, but thankfully at least the smoke has more or less cleared up so maybe i'll start at least going outside again ._.

Stwert

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well it’s, emmm, errr, hmmm, not in the slightest. I’m no different than I was a year ago (other than turning 46 in a few weeks of course). I still do everything I did before. I work from home anyway, I help out my neighbourhood with technical support, shopping, transport and whatever else I can do to be helpful - for no reason other than it’s the right thing to do as far as I’m concerned. Oh, there is one change I suppose, we’re trying for a baby now, that’s probably the biggest, and only, change. Luckily the wife is 10 years younger than me, or that could be difficult :D

Last edited by Stwert,

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
My company wants me out, but I'm making them succumb to my demands for leaving, and have been in talks with a couple companies so I can change if needed.

It isn't a bad year per se. My company also fired my wife, and less than a couple of months later, she became a teacher again after a few years without having placement, and she is working in a school nearby!

Yeah, ain't a bad year after all.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: :rofl2: