how hard is it to replace an n3ds xl sd card slot?

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by DualBladedKirito, May 21, 2017.

1. DualBladedKirito
    OP

DualBladedKirito The Black Swordsman

Sep 9, 2015
    United States
    United States
    Hello I have a new 3dsxl which the sd card slot's spring seems to have given way. as in it does not lock in the down position to keep my sd card inserted. I don't want to send it in to nintendo because i have hacked it and an installed sighax recently along with over 100 games as cias over the 5 years i've had the thing. the sd card slot is not hard for me to buy i just want to know if it is something i can fix myself with little experience on 3ds hardware. I've put parts into my laptops and computers myself jus not a console. And if this is something i can fix without having to replace any part i would like to know that too.
    Any experts that can help me?

2. Kubas_inko

Kubas_inko Mensa must be broken. Otherwise, I am genius.

Feb 3, 2017
    Czech Republic
    super easy
    its just 1 connector :D

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

[​IMG]

Last edited by Kubas_inko, May 21, 2017
  3. DualBladedKirito
    OP

Sep 9, 2015
    United States
    United States
    Anything i have to be careful of when i open the thing up? ribbon cable attached to the motherboard for example?

4. Kubas_inko

Feb 3, 2017
    Czech Republic
    yes. shoulder buttons. They are attached with ribbon cable so gently open it from the front (where is headphone jack)
    [​IMG]

5. DualBladedKirito
    OP

Sep 9, 2015
    United States
    United States
    Thanks alot!Also
    While i we are on the topic of shoulder buttons. they hard to replace? just for future reference cause my Left shoulder button is iffy

6. Kubas_inko

Feb 3, 2017
    Czech Republic
    Don't know. I haven't dug into them. but I think that simple screw driver can do it. but I have no idea where to buy them.