how hard is it to remove a wii mod?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Farami9, Jun 27, 2007.

Jun 27, 2007
  1. Farami9
    OP

Member Farami9 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Hi

I have a wiiKey and was looking at upgrading/changing mod... Is anyone willing to do the service...

If its hard/difficult then I will either keep the current mod OR sell the modded wii and buy a new one...

Anyone done it???

Its easily to find someone to install the mod BUT to replace it with a new mod is hard

I think that by removing the mod I will ruin the solder spots to remod the wii

?????

Please Help!!!!!!!!! [​IMG]

2. TLSpartan

Member TLSpartan Kills threads

Australia
    If you do remove the Chip yourself get a soldering iron with the lowest wattage you can find so you dont lift the pads on the board. I have a Goot 13 Watt Soldering Pencil, best soldering iron I ever bought but they are not cheap(I got mine through work for 25AUD so I got it pretty cheap). They are normally 40AUD at my work.

3. adgloride

Member adgloride Its A Wii Wario

United Kingdom
    If the chips soldered using the quick solder method. Don't try and remove it. All you will do is take the solder points with the chip. Why do you want a change from the wiikey? It plays all the Wii games which I see as the main thing.

4. lenselijer

Member lenselijer GBAtemp Maniac

Netherlands
    I removed my wiikey yesterday and yes it was connected using the quicksolder pads.
    It was very easy with some solder wick, and now i have my wiinja deluxe in place.

Finally i can play all the gamecube games without music problems [​IMG]

5. KINGOFNOOBS

Member KINGOFNOOBS GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Thats good for you. I would care about Eternal Darkness and Naruto, but Naruto Clash Of Ninja Revoultion (GNT 3 and 4) is coming to the Wii and Eternal Darkness can be played with the audio fix patch so I'm good [​IMG]

6. chewy!

Newcomer chewy! Member

United States
    WOw Finally!!! Give me a break. What a colossal waste of time to get a few gc games to work. How much is wiinja paying you?

7. nycwii

Newcomer nycwii Advanced Member

United States
    free solotuion= wait for the audio fix on the next setup utility from wiikey.cn it would have saved u some money man =]

8. lenselijer

Member lenselijer GBAtemp Maniac

Netherlands
    Lol, no i'm not getting paid for anything [​IMG]

I just wanted to play waverace, eternal darkness and naruto on my wii.
    And since I sold my gamecube, the only option was to install a chip with working audiofix.

And while most people think it's stupid to switch only for audiofix, remember that your wii is supposed to play these games.
    A modchip should only add new features, not break any.

I went from wiinja v1 --> wiinja v2 --> wiikey --> wiinja deluxe
    If a new chip arrives that has better features i will put that in my wii, keeps me busy [​IMG]

9. Redsquirrel

Member Redsquirrel GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    i have wiikey works fine. I dont really play any GC games apart from smash bros on my wii..

I have a wiinjadeluxe just incase i ever change my mind..

10. Goldcoastr

Newcomer Goldcoastr Advanced Member

Australia
    i suggest to all modders install wii chipsby wire methd this way is possible upgrade to newer model chip in future

i agree with the above users bout dont try it yourseld due you dont sound like will have success due to ? you did ask

it yes can be removed but i would yes suggest you pay a installer to do the job

last may i ask whydo you want change your chip

also have you checked if it is diect method