Hacking how hard is it to remove a wii mod?

Farami9

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi

I have a wiiKey and was looking at upgrading/changing mod... Is anyone willing to do the service...

If its hard/difficult then I will either keep the current mod OR sell the modded wii and buy a new one...

Anyone done it???

Its easily to find someone to install the mod BUT to replace it with a new mod is hard

I think that by removing the mod I will ruin the solder spots to remod the wii

?????

Please Help!!!!!!!!!
cry.gif

TLSpartan

Kills threads
Trophies
XP
Country
If you do remove the Chip yourself get a soldering iron with the lowest wattage you can find so you dont lift the pads on the board. I have a Goot 13 Watt Soldering Pencil, best soldering iron I ever bought but they are not cheap(I got mine through work for 25AUD so I got it pretty cheap). They are normally 40AUD at my work.

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If the chips soldered using the quick solder method. Don't try and remove it. All you will do is take the solder points with the chip. Why do you want a change from the wiikey? It plays all the Wii games which I see as the main thing.

lenselijer

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I removed my wiikey yesterday and yes it was connected using the quicksolder pads.
It was very easy with some solder wick, and now i have my wiinja deluxe in place.

Finally i can play all the gamecube games without music problems
biggrin.gif

KINGOFNOOBS

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thats good for you. I would care about Eternal Darkness and Naruto, but Naruto Clash Of Ninja Revoultion (GNT 3 and 4) is coming to the Wii and Eternal Darkness can be played with the audio fix patch so I'm good
biggrin.gif

chewy!

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I removed my wiikey yesterday and yes it was connected using the quicksolder pads.
It was very easy with some solder wick, and now i have my wiinja deluxe in place.

biggrin.gif

WOw Finally!!! Give me a break. What a colossal waste of time to get a few gc games to work. How much is wiinja paying you?

nycwii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
free solotuion= wait for the audio fix on the next setup utility from wiikey.cn it would have saved u some money man =]

lenselijer

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

biggrin.gif

WOw Finally!!! Give me a break. What a colossal waste of time to get a few gc games to work. How much is wiinja paying you?

Lol, no i'm not getting paid for anything
tongue.gif

I just wanted to play waverace, eternal darkness and naruto on my wii.
And since I sold my gamecube, the only option was to install a chip with working audiofix.

And while most people think it's stupid to switch only for audiofix, remember that your wii is supposed to play these games.
A modchip should only add new features, not break any.

I went from wiinja v1 --> wiinja v2 --> wiikey --> wiinja deluxe
If a new chip arrives that has better features i will put that in my wii, keeps me busy
wink.gif

Redsquirrel

Trophies
XP
Country
i have wiikey works fine. I dont really play any GC games apart from smash bros on my wii..

I have a wiinjadeluxe just incase i ever change my mind..

Goldcoastr

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.goldcoastrs-modchips.com
XP
Country
i suggest to all modders install wii chipsby wire methd this way is possible upgrade to newer model chip in future

i agree with the above users bout dont try it yourseld due you dont sound like will have success due to ? you did ask

it yes can be removed but i would yes suggest you pay a installer to do the job

last may i ask whydo you want change your chip

also have you checked if it is diect method

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sak is a fishy pineapple