SoslanVanWieren

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Its hard for me because when i get stuck watching my character die hundreds of times its not fun and the satisfaction of winning only lasts for a bit then you will want to beat other games so its not really worth it.

D

Deleted User

I find games enjoyable and don't play just for the satisfaction of winning/beating the game.
If I don't like the challenge, I play a different game.

H1B1Esquire

RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fairly easy--if I want to play a game, then I do. If I don't, then I don't. There are a few games that I'll play one round of, or a few minutes; there are games I'll play for hours or until I've seen the credits.

Best thing for you to do is manage your IRL time--if you spend an hour dying, try spending a half-hour grinding or looking for an alternative solution.

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
Very. I hardly play games like I use to. I talk more about games than actually play them. A lot of old school games suck i'm starting to realize thanks to emulators. I get to play games I never played before. Only a few are actually good. But recently I play a lot of quick to play games, like fighting games and such. Just jump in and jump out type of play. Quick bursts type stuff. No big adventures that requires lots of time and effort. I got into a habit of playing for a few min, then switch games, play for a few min then switch again. I just don't get excited like I use too. Zelda botw I was excited though from people talking about how good it was when it first came out. I tried playing FF9 today but stopped after 20 min, i'm just not in the mood for it right now. Maybe I'll play some Animal Crossing or somethin. Something that is relaxing and doesn't require a lot of effort.

ldg1414

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For me I hate it when the game starts out too easy, I'll get bored with walking forward and hitting the same buttons over and over.

If my younger self knew just how many games I now have access to (thanks to emulators and kernal exploits) and wasn't playing, he'd probably punch me in the face.

I've played games less since I've taken up other hobbies, the problem with games is you put all this effort into them, but once you reach the end all the effort you put in doesn't amount to much, and I'm not saying fun isn't worth anything. It's just that the investment of time feels more influential when it extends a long ways. Daily progress in a real life skill becomes meaningful even years later. It's the difference between building a 3 story card house over and over again, and an actual real life sized house of cards, the latter feels like more of an accomplishment.

Last edited by ldg1414,

Urbanshadow

Trophies
XP
Country
If I want to play a game, I do. If I don't, then I don't.
Best thing for you to do is manage your IRL time.

You can never go wrong with such solid statements. I never thought I could play a game but without wanting to.

IRL time is pretty serious bussiness. It's maybe just the only thing that matters in human existance.

Reactions: Deleted-355425

cempasuchil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not hard at all usually. I love video games so much dude, even if there's nothing "calling out" to me I can always count on a favorite RPG and just have a good time. It's almost like meditation... clears my mind while grinding levels and listening to great music.

The only exception would be if I'm in a really bad state and it's just "one of those days", the whole "stops enjoying things you love"... depression is a bitch. But of course that is a very special case.

Urbanshadow

Trophies
XP
Country
Did you ever play a game that was so bad, you had to force yourself to play it for teh lulz? No? Try this.
Nay man, I just happen to be very selective with my things. Either I love it or it's trash. I like to explore and fiddle with games, but into that scenario I do really want to play and I expect serious bullshit so its fine.

HamBone41801

Vipera’s Alt
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For me it’s pretty easy. I don’t really get frustrated with games. I also don’t attend a public school, so I spread my work out over the course of the day. This gives me plenty of time to game/program/read.

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I've never really had trouble with any game to be honest. I always play easygoingly (not particularly caring or trying), regardless of what I play, but depending on the situation and the challenge, I may put some more effort in (as in actually bother trying to play well) if the difficulty requires that (eg: the hard ones from the EO series). Still, never needed to try seriously in a game and, in all honesty, if a game makes me get actually serious it won't be fun for me, so if it ever happens, I'll just move to something else. With so many games available, worrying about just 1 is way bellow my level of caring... I give so few fucks when playing games that I don't even care if I lose or if I suddenly feel like quitting entire franchises I've been following for years, it's funny and gotten bad to the point I'm close to quitting playing games altogether from the boredom and how little I care anymore:(

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
It really depends on the game. Games like super meat boy and super hexagon are balls hard, but the act of playing (including dying) is satisfying in itself. The fact that the levels are short (or endless) also play into that.
Other games are too easy (visual novels come to mind... Or Yoshi's wooly world), but there as well: it's the act of playing itself.
Yet other games don't so much rely on dying (simulators...rts'es). So... Yeah. Time is my main (if not only) constraint.

D

Deleted User

very hard. usually the games i find worth playing are platform games (2d) and racing games.

the the reason why i have many nintendo consoles is because the games that i do enjoy playing are usually nintendo games. i can't find any good games for me on the pc or on my phone. i also have ps vita, ps3 and xbox360 and they all collect dust. i also don't have time anymore to play games.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Not hard once I start. Main problem is looking at my backlog and just not deciding what to play :(. Once I pick a game, it's alright.

D

Deleted-379826

Very simple. I stick to one game at a time, beat said game, and since I have an extremely large library, you could almost say, every single game available and own most consoles+a good PC, I merely think of a game I feel like playing and complete it!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night