how hard is installing home brew channel

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by DarkShinigami, Sep 5, 2010.

Sep 5, 2010
  1. DarkShinigami
    OP

Member DarkShinigami #1 strongest Shinigami BANKAI

United States
    so i couldnt make it to my girlfriends house on her birthday so i decided i was gonna install the homebrew channel o her wii once i know the firm ware. so how hard is it to install it.

Posts merged

im pretty sure she had her wii since launch

2. DigitalDeviant

Member DigitalDeviant GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Its easy, just follow the installation sticky in the wii forum.

3. DarkShinigami
    OP

Member DarkShinigami #1 strongest Shinigami BANKAI

United States
    all right and which boot method should be used for the newer wii games(even though im only giving her metroid prime trilogy and trauma center(i got her to get intersted by showing her the ds version i want to get the wii remake for her) and megaman 9)

oh before i forget is there any important things to install as well?

4. mvgc3

Member mvgc3 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I'm usually happy to help people with questions (as is the case with most people here) but what you're asking is basic knowledge. If you've read anything you'd know the answer to most, if not all, of your questions. I mean honestly, "any important things to install...?"? Just read a bit and you'll get all your answers. The forums are full of information, and the stickies you were pointed to are there for a reason.

For the record, the boot method (which I'm gonna guess refers to DVD vs. USB) that's better is completely situational.

Oh, and you're gonna run into a problem with MPT. It's well known and there are a number of known solutions.

5. Blue-K

Member Blue-K No right of appeal.

Switzerland
    Well, I guess it refers to loading the HackMii-Installer? And this would mean Lego Indiana Jones and the IndyPWNs-Exploit, if the Wii is on 4.3. Otherwise, you could use Bannerbomb, no game required. For what else to install, look here: http://www.wiibrew.org/wiki/List_of_all_homebrew

But if he's already asking about pirating, and don't know how to install the HBC, then I have the following advise for him: For the safety of your Wii: Leave it.

6. Dter ic

Member Dter ic ~

United Kingdom
    THIS, i'd say is very basic stuff it's like the alpha of wii hacking.....
    if you don't know, then get learning...

step 1) go here

DONE [​IMG]