XP
Country
United States
its a 755 my bad

Specs:
Bundle Listing:NoMPN:
Model:
Dell OptiPlex 755
Storage Type:HDD (Hard Disk Drive)Operating System Edition:Not ApplicableProcessor Type:Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600Operating System:Not IncludedBrand:
Dell
Product Line:OptiplexForm Factor:Small Form Factor (SFF)Processor Speed:2.40GHzMost Suitable For:Casual ComputingMemory:2GBHardware Connectivity:VGA, Serial RS-232, Parallel, USB 2.0Hard Drive Capacity:80GBUPC:
Does not apply

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its a 755 my bad

Specs:
Bundle Listing:NoMPN:
Model:
Dell OptiPlex 755
Storage Type:HDD (Hard Disk Drive)Operating System Edition:Not ApplicableProcessor Type:Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600Operating System:Not IncludedBrand:
Dell
Product Line:OptiplexForm Factor:Small Form Factor (SFF)Processor Speed:2.40GHzMost Suitable For:Casual ComputingMemory:2GBHardware Connectivity:VGA, Serial RS-232, Parallel, USB 2.0Hard Drive Capacity:80GBUPC:
Does not apply

Not worth 50 bucks, specs suck for what is needed today.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it at least upgradeable in anyway

You can only swap Core 2 Duo Cpu for Core 2 Duo CPU, so you still stuck with a "Core 2 Duo" CPU. Even Quad Core - Core 2 Duo it can't do much compare to what people recommend for a high end build. Base on the info it come with a standard graphic card, not for gaming.

Last edited by Hayato213,

JiveTheTurkey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
$50 is a bit of a stretch. I got one for $25 with monitor (but that was a school). Aside from that, I think you'd be forced to use a Windows 7 32-bit anything above that will take up all resources just for the OS. Maybe you can play Nintendo 64 emulators, I doubt gamecube or citra. When I installed mine, I had to overcome said obstacles to see stability in emulators. NES, SNES without a doubt could be run. Idk about linux but if you can run Win7 I'll bet you can run Ubuntu or something.

ThatGamingAirman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Depends on the form factor, SFF can only use low profile and Tower can use standard profile, but don't waste your money on this Optiplex 755.

$50 is a bit of a stretch. I got one for $25 with monitor (but that was a school). Aside from that, I think you'd be forced to use a Windows 7 32-bit anything above that will take up all resources just for the OS. Maybe you can play Nintendo 64 emulators, I doubt gamecube or citra. When I installed mine, I had to overcome said obstacles to see stability in emulators. NES, SNES without a doubt could be run. Idk about linux but if you can run Win7 I'll bet you can run Ubuntu or something.

Thanks for the Info ill keep looking

JiveTheTurkey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is the gpu that I tested on the optiplex and worked without any incompatibility issues on Windows 7. Since you are looking for older hardware idk If you'll find the drivers updated to work with different parts. I had to sift through old drivers on the site for this dung.

Attachments

• DSCF2751.JPG
    DSCF2751.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 122

ThatGamingAirman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is the gpu that I tested on the optiplex and worked without any incompatibility issues on Windows 7. Since you are looking for older hardware idk If you'll find the drivers updated to work with different parts. I had to sift through old drivers on the site for this dung.

I'm not really looking for old stuff only something cheap yet effective

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: