Homebrew How good can I run NSMB2 in Citra?

AboveColin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
"Intel 2 Duo - E7500"
Mjl0BsAgMGYTe.gif
;)) Not meant to be mean :)

Last edited by AboveColin,

Dracari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have no idea sorry.... maybe Dracari can answer that?
odd how you managed to tag me but not at the same time which didn't leave me a notification.

What about an i5-2400 3.1 GHz
see Quote:
"Intel 2 Duo - E7500"
Mjl0BsAgMGYTe.gif
;))
Still too old a Processor. Anything shy of last gen I5/i7's will struggle like hell and i think i'll die of laughter if you ask about AMD's, Building an emulation rig for PS2, Gamecube and beyond wont be cheap, and its going to be laughable if you think even AMD's Zen's will pick up the slack. (performance isnt just all about Speed, its Speed + the amount of instructions the CPU can execute per each clock cycle (IPC) to see why, read up about IPC's for the Comparable CPUs and you'll see why AMD CPU's struggle even with PS2 Emulation. (a CPU w/ a slower clockspeed of say 2.8GHZ can get more work done in in a projected timeframe than a CPU at a higher clock speed that cant perform the same or Less instructions per each cycle regardless teh core count.) (Dawn of Mana is a better Accurate test in PCSX2 now the opening "intro" after new game + the first bit of gameplay lags down to under 37 FPS on these builds yet some games for example in Dolphin under gamecube and Wii run fine but more complex games like LoZ Twilight princess lag like a B**ch ). I can see Citra being troublesome on any older PC or AMD based rig for some time. even on top model systems do not achive full framerate in citra atm, they're close keyword "CLOSE" but the emulator just isnt there yet. and last i looked alot of graphic rendering's still being done in software w/o a GPU acceleration plugin or assistance whatso ever so thats going to hamper performance Further.

so sorry to be rude but its true. any rig you ask about unless its the top end of the 2nd previous gen Intel CPU is going to get met w/ just nothing but "LULS" meme fodder by others.

Last edited by Dracari,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: +1