Hacking How, given that we have total control over the firmware, has no one ever bypassed MS's hack checks?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 1,741
  • Replies 4
D

Deleted User

OP
I don't own an xbox and don't really know anything about it.
But I have heard that it is effectively impossible to play online even if you don't mod games, you can only "borrow" keyvaults from another console.

How is this possible? Why can't the modified firmware just try to hide itself from the rest of the OS? I mean, it's at the "root of trust". Is Microsoft running arbitrary code on the console to do these checks? I can't find any technical explanation of this.

Sorry if this is a dumb question.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Microsoft has various checks on what runs on a 360.
Hardware hacked machines run an older version of the hypervisor to enable the vulnerability that grants arbitrary code execution.
MS can detect it and will remove you from their service.

Stealth servers are basically the best you're getting on being online on a hardware hacked machine.

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

OP
Microsoft has various checks on what runs on a 360.
Hardware hacked machines run an older version of the hypervisor to enable the vulnerability that grants arbitrary code execution.
MS can detect it and will remove you from their service.

Stealth servers are basically the best you're getting on being online on a hardware hacked machine.
Oh, there's a hypervisor? That explains it.

Do we have arbitrary code execution on the hypervisor with that vulnerability? If so, could the running hypervisor be replaced by the exploit with a patched version of the current one?

I just found this which helped me https://www.se7ensins.com/forums/threads/how-do-xbox-live-servers-work.1135011/

Last edited by ,
D

Deleted User

OP
I don't own an xbox and don't really know anything about it.
But I have heard that it is effectively impossible to play online even if you don't mod games, you can only "borrow" keyvaults from another console.

How is this possible? Why can't the modified firmware just try to hide itself from the rest of the OS? I mean, it's at the "root of trust". Is Microsoft running arbitrary code on the console to do these checks? I can't find any technical explanation of this.

Sorry if this is a dumb question.
It's possible but only few have achieved it due to the hypervisor

Xbox live stealth is the big notable one, while they arent free to use it does let you bypass the checks you mentioned and keep you from getting banned(provided you arent doing anything dumb)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night