Hacking How get 5.5.1 with brand new Wii U?

DiegoL92

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi everyone.

I was planing on getting a Wii U to my nephew this week. I live in Brazil and was reading about the Loadiine exploit so i could get the games and etc.

I want to know if there is a way so i can block 5.5.2 in a brand new console but still get the 5.5.1 to be able to use the exploit.

It seems the console is sealed so i assume he gonna need some type of update.

(I think this is the right area to ask right? If not i apologize.)

D

Deleted User

Don't connect the Wii U to the internet when you first get it. You'll need to setup a connection in system settings after setup (DO NOT DO IT DURING INITIAL SETUP YOU WILL UPDATE), then do not do a connection test, instead immediately go to Edit and change the DNS to
Primary DNS: 168.235.092.108
Secondary DNS: 081.004.127.020

and do a connection test. Try going to the eShop; if you can't, good.
As my method for updating to 5.5.1 is a bit iffy (i.e. it could potentially brick if you do it wrong) I seriously suggest you pick up a disc copy of Breath of the Wild or similar game that's 5.5.1 (You can try my method if you want but it could brick, and I'd hate for it to do that to your nephew's cousin for obvious reasons).

The Loadiine method is no longer needed and is outdated; if you use the so-called "Brazilian method", you will be able to install games onto the main menu, and your nephew can play online (something Loadiine cannot do)

TudorBlue

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Don't connect the Wii U to the internet when you first get it. You'll need to setup a connection in system settings after setup (DO NOT DO IT DURING INITIAL SETUP YOU WILL UPDATE), then do not do a connection test, instead immediately go to Edit and change the DNS to

As my method for updating to 5.5.1 is a bit iffy (i.e. it could potentially brick if you do it wrong) I seriously suggest you pick up a disc copy of Breath of the Wild or similar game that's 5.5.1 (You can try my method if you want but it could brick, and I'd hate for it to do that to your nephew's cousin for obvious reasons).

The Loadiine method is no longer needed and is outdated; if you use the so-called "Brazilian method", you will be able to install games onto the main menu, and your nephew can play online (something Loadiine cannot do)

Ive got a wiiu that needs hacking, Im intending on using Haxchi, the machine is on 5.5.1, can I still download the 3DS I need game without having to update to 5.5.2? If so, HOW? Thanks in advance @PokeAcer

Reactions: Deleted User

DiegoL92

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

If i use the "Brazillian Method" dont i still need to access Loadiine so i can boot the HC to install the games on HDD? And then i need to update so i can use that anyway right?

Lets assume the console comes with a way old firmware, that Loadiine dont support.

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If i use the "Brazillian Method" dont i still need to access Loadiine so i can boot the HC to install the games on HDD? And then i need to update so i can use that anyway right?

Lets assume the console comes with a way old firmware, that Loadiine dont support.
You're confusing the game loader "loadiine" with the website that cybernatus made "loadiine.ovh". Two separate things entirely. He made that site before WUP Installer method was a thing so he named it "loadiine.ovh".

DiegoL92

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You are right. I am confusing things. But i still need a exploit so i can run WUPInstaller Mod Y for example right?

I will read and see more tutorials to confirm.

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You are right. I am confusing things. But i still need a exploit so i can run WUPInstaller Mod Y for example right?

I will read and see more tutorials to confirm.
You only really need to access the webexploit twice. Once to run NNU patcher so you can buy a game for HaxChi. Then one more time after that to install HaxChi. After that you don't need to worry about the webexploit.

DiegoL92

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
And can i access the webexploit without updating the WiiU?

Or i need a "minimum" firmware version?

DiegoL92

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So, now i only need a game disc that have 5.5.1 so i can install this version. The problem is the high prices of Wii U games on Brazil (actually, any Nintendo game here is absurdly expensive).

OR i can try a method that PokeAcer seems to know BUT have chances to brick.

Thats it... right?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I setup a new Wii U on 5.5.1, here's what I do:
  1. Connect to the internet, but enter the wrong password for my Wi-Fi.
  2. Save the connection settings.
  3. Edit the connection settings to have the update-blocking DNS settings and the correct password.
  4. Save the connection settings.
  5. Use the internet browser to load the Homebrew Launcher.
  6. Use FTP to delete the update folder on the NAND and block updates.
That way, the Wii U can never download the 5.5.2 update.

Reactions: DiegoL92

jimmyj

Official founder of altariaism. Copyright jimmyj
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So, now i only need a game disc that have 5.5.1 so i can install this version. The problem is the high prices of Wii U games on Brazil (actually, any Nintendo game here is absurdly expensive).

OR i can try a method that PokeAcer seems to know BUT have chances to brick.

Thats it... right?
You can buy a game from amazon open it and update with the disc then return the game to amazon (amazon takes anything back even if opened, before you reach a month if you want to return the game )

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 9:02 am here