How fast is streetpass if anyone knows

Discussion in '3DS - Nintendo Network' started by Gamer4life, Feb 1, 2013.

1. Gamer4life
    OP

Gamer4life I am the Orange Gamer

May 13, 2009
    United States
    Virginia
    I mean usually i walk fast and i walk past people fast so it cant have no more than like a couple seconds and how far away can u be to get a streetpass

2. Pong20302000

Pong20302000 making notes on everything

Sep 8, 2009
    One's inner self
    a road width is the distance and it all depends on software,
    basic streetpass takes about 1.5 seconds, but depending on other games using streetpass it longer

3. pasc

pasc GBATemps official GBA Freak

Sep 9, 2006
    Gambia, The
    Germany
    however the range you will enter is far bigger than just 1 meter, it might just work.

4. Sychophantom

Sychophantom I'm a plant.

Mar 7, 2008
    United States
    Born on the Bayou
    I want to say range is closer to 25-50 meters, or basic wifi strength. Streetpass can take anywhere from .5 of a second to 1.5 (may be higher, I didn't sit with a stopwatch) depending on how many games use it.

Streetpass can go through walls, depending on how thick (again, just like Wifi). The more wiring/metal in the wall, the less likely to get through.

A metal lunchbox will shield a 3DS from getting any hits. Discovered that one day when bored.

Generally, if you get a hit from one 3DS, that unit won't give you another for at least 6 hours.

5. chavosaur

chavosaur Austin Trujillo

pip Contributor
    Mar 11, 2012
    United States
    Huntersville, NC
    I can actually be driving by some places and get street passes from nearby shops (such as GameStop and only if I leave the 3DS in the seat next to me to be close to the window.) but that's still a pretty nice distance, and the street pass happens quickly every time.

6. Gamer4life
    OP

Gamer4life I am the Orange Gamer

May 13, 2009
    United States
    Virginia
    Thank you all for your feed back

7. McHaggis

McHaggis Fackin' Troller

Oct 24, 2008
    In the early days of having a 3DS, I've known two right next to each other take upto 10 minutes to start communications.

8. pwsincd

pwsincd Garage Flower

GBAtemp Patron
    pwsincd is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Dec 4, 2011
    Manchester UK
    theres two in our house they aint ever got any notifications from the other one.

9. blaisedinsd

blaisedinsd GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 6, 2012
    United States
    I actually got a street pass in a moving vehicle. Pretty sure it was on the highway too and not while stopped at a light.