How fares the Tales of Rebirth PSP/PS2 translation these days?

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by ArtemisM, Apr 17, 2019.

1. ArtemisM
    OP

ArtemisM Kupo for Kupo Nuts

Apr 14, 2010
    United States
    I've not seen hide nor hair about this project ever since a0t capsized, and the only discord community that I ever saw any update progress with closed their doors quite awhile ago. Is it still ongoing? Is there any "new" information about it, if so? It seems like the Tales translation community has lost a lot of steam lately :/

2. Reploid

Reploid GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 20, 2010
    Serbia, Republic of
    Nope. Everything is grim.

3. riesyukira

riesyukira Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 2, 2016
    Their discord is still active lol
    And progress is still on-going but at a snail's pace of course, we'll be lucky if they finished it in this decade, at worst, in the next next decade/10 years.

Yeah, the Tales Fandom has died down tremendously even after they recently re-released vesperia.

Just because A0 decided to quit doesn't mean everyone should quit pursuing on creating english patches.

Which is sadly the reality of today's tales fan translation groups.

Last edited by riesyukira, Apr 18, 2019
  4. HoaiTrung97

HoaiTrung97 Hikikomori-Senpai

Aug 15, 2018
    Japan
    Shibuya New Generation
    Woa This project really reached 10 years? So long time ~ men (;゚Д゚)
    PS: Btw, I only played Tales of Heart before on DS. (*´з`)~

5. Whaddap

Whaddap Member

Newcomer
    Apr 20, 2019
    Indonesia
    tales of rebirth got 8.8/10 @gamespot review if i'm not mistaken. it would be a shame if there's no english version of this. please make it happen any good souls out theree :rofl2:

6. Jeffersontdm

Jeffersontdm Newbie

Newcomer
    May 1, 2019
    Brazil
    if you have a translation of the menus, items and spells already be great

7. VeigueTranslations

VeigueTranslations Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 2, 2019
    Japan
    The menu patch works very well, thank you, still missing some parts, but it's good for playing.

Could've gone faster, I even asked for help multiple times (including here) for a full translation of the game, but nobody replied or offered to help. In the end, I made the patch on my own and I'm only sharing it with the people who bothered to help me when I needed it.

The others will only get screenshots.
    b320c8fa9f-1. 4e184a8aa2. 65e2c30e7b. 0f064b5674.

EDIT: If you cannot tell by the screenshots, it's the PSP version. I know everyone thinks the PS2 version is superior, but since no one's bothering to help, I have to go with the one that's relatively easier to hack.

Last edited by VeigueTranslations, Jul 2, 2019
    JamRules and Zinstrel like this.
  8. darkricky

darkricky Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 18, 2016
    India
    Dude, stop bullshitting people with fake screens.

VeigueTranslations and Manana like this.
  9. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    I own the actual disc of this game. the tabs holding the instruction manual fell off, because the instruction manual is thick as hell. anyway, I think I got to sannytown/sunnytown (can't remember the exact name as it was like 12 years ago).

10. VeigueTranslations

VeigueTranslations Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 2, 2019
    Japan
    Your kind is actually a disservice to this community.

When romhackers/translators ask for help, some people will stay silent, some people will cheer, and some people will "[X] Doubt" because they refuse to help, while asking that everything is brought to them. It was very kind of you to admire the dedication of the Ace Attorney romhackers, while mentioning you'd LOVE for the Rebirth community to get the same treatment, all the while ignoring all the posts asking for help in Tales Of projects.

So far, I've taken the help of everyone who offered, in whichever way they could, and we got a nice patch going on. But for you, I'll go out of my way: I am blacklisting you. This patch will never be released to the public and I'll make sure you'll never touch it.

And since you don't like fake screens, here is a fake video. Sorry for the glitching at the end, still working the menus right now.
    Green Joy-Con D-Pad Shells for Nintendo Switch

11. Jeffersontdm

Jeffersontdm Newbie

Newcomer
    May 1, 2019
    Brazil
    a translation like that would help a lot Is this version of ps2?

12. nekojosh

nekojosh GBAtemp Regular

Jan 9, 2015
    Panama
    Panama City, Panama
    He said it is the PSP version.

13. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    yeah, I have the ps2 version. my save is probably still present. I played that and tod 2. in tod 2, I couldn't beat the third barbatos even with an all-divide iirc.

14. StorMyu

StorMyu "I'm too old for this"

Jan 2, 2010
    France
    JamRules likes this.
  15. Kajitani-Eizan

Kajitani-Eizan GBAtemp Regular

Feb 4, 2013
    United States
    didn't you have a traduction also? what if two of your joined in and worked together on this project? 200% faster speed completed!? \^_^/;;

16. Manana

Manana GBAtemp Regular

Oct 30, 2017
    United States
    Lmao smh, I'm on the discord

Last edited by Manana, Jul 3, 2019
  17. Zinstrel

Zinstrel Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 2, 2019
    Korea, South
    Holy shit Veigue just really put the hammer down like that. It's really nice to see progress being made on such a long-awaited fan patch. Kudos to you guys for working on this for so long.

18. darkricky

darkricky Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 18, 2016
    India
    Red san, HiDOi dEsU nE

19. games_

games_ Member

Newcomer
    Apr 1, 2019
    Senegal
    You're doing a cool thing and I applaud you for it, but there's no reason to act like this. This is a niche game in a niche series in a niche genre. Tales of isn't marketed well in the west and honestly, aside from 3 or 4 titles the games don't have a wide appeal. That being said for the people who do like this we respect and support people who are willing to use their time and skills to do what namco won't. There's not too many people who can even help you with this, or even know of the existence of a translation project for rebirth. Especially now that everything is hidden away in private discords.
    There is a translated script:
    https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/psp/942209-tales-of-rebirth/faqs/52311

20. rwbonesy

rwbonesy Member

Newcomer
    Feb 23, 2017
    United States
    Why are you gatekeeping like this? The West deserves to have Tales games available to them even moreso now that a0t jumped off the looney train into the tracks. I still fundamentally disagree with their (apparent, I still maintain something else was going on) argument that "oh bamco is cool now" and want to see Tales of Rebirth, Tales of Destiny R, and Tales of Destiny II in English. Unfortunately it seems like there's a fat chance of this happening even more-so now due to egos.

EDIT: Also your claims that you've "asked everywhere" are bogus, I have seen nothing on RHDN and I read there daily and visit the public discord frequently.

Last edited by rwbonesy, Jul 6, 2019