Gaming How EXACTLY Do You Recieve The Purple Pieces For PuzzleSwap?

mrtimotei

No More Heroes
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know that if you tag someone who has a purple piece, then you can get it from them.

Aside from that, I have no clue how to get the purple pieces.

Does anyone know? If I remember correctly, you can also get them from SpotPass, right?

I find this completely false though, because I have never recieved a piece from SpotPass...

Aside from when they introduced a new board given to you, and they give you one piece to start off with...

jrk190

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, while playing Mario Kart one time, I recieved TWO purple pieces. Once, it was in the GBAtemp races, the second time in public. I'm not really sure though.

mrtimotei

No More Heroes
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So... my only chance of getting A pink piece, is if it's the first piece I get when I get a new board...

Thanks, Nintendo, for making this whole PuzzleSwap idea fun, but also impossible to finish...

Reactions: 4 people

mrtimotei

No More Heroes
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not really? plenty of people when you streepass have th epink pieces. Nintendo trying to motivate people streetpassing.

I know that... but the problem is that, let's just say, I don't have a very good mobility to go around and tag people all the time... (Unless I wait another year to get my liscence!)

I just wish they would have a server, or something, that, daily, if not, weekly, gives one pink piece through SpotPass...

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wish that the free piece they give you was guaranteed to be pink. I got all of 4 pink pieces while I was at New Orleans Comic Con.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This morning I turned on my 3DS and found my Streetpass Mii Plaza had spotpass data, it made a big deal about giving me a puzzle piece for a Kid Icarus Uprising puzzle.
Not a pink piece though, just regular.

I've never received any pieces through spotpass before, even with the number of hours I've spent playing Mario kart online, although not in a community, hmm.

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
Video game parties are the main source of pink parts, you should try like Pong said.

This is true even here in Brazil, where we have very few 3DS players.

(by the way, I have about ten pink parts and I usually go out without my 3DS)

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
So... my only chance of getting A pink piece, is if it's the first piece I get when I get a new board...

Thanks, Nintendo, for making this whole PuzzleSwap idea fun, but also impossible to finish...

i agree wholeheartedly, i think nintendo thinks that everyone lives in a busy city like tokyo or something, it's hard to get streetpasses, let alone spotpasses, i only get around maximum 3 streetpasses a week and i hardly play online on my 3ds anyway.

mrtimotei

No More Heroes
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol only missing the Kid Icarus purple pieces

go to an event

lots of people have the purple pieces

But, you see, I live in Connecticut, USA. The only events that get hosted here, are (sometimes) PAX, and Conneticon...
And like I said earlier, I'm not old enough to go driving around places... so I'm kinda screwed...

vivanlai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pink piecs in Puzzle swap can only be recieved with via StreetPass that mean you cannot get pink pieces with PlayCoins.

I have these panels

the legend of zelda-completed
super mario bros wii-completed
donkey kong country returns- uncompleted (not even halfway!)

Narsus

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
the legend of zelda-completed
super mario bros wii-completed
donkey kong country returns- uncompleted (not even halfway!)
There are two more purple pieces puzzles - Star Fox 64 (4 purple), Super mario 3D Land (8 pieces). Its mine. Maybe there is more of them.
And Kid Icarus of 'cos

yab

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Purple = Pink now?
I've also recently received a kid Icarus piece through spotpass.

well to be fair, the empty spots are purple, you don't see they're pink until you actually get one

In Japan they got Iwata as a Spotpass and he had all the puzzles completed. That was for Japan's one year anniversary of the 3DS. I wonder if they'll do the same for North America next month as well. (Probably with Reggie)

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
Purple = Pink now?
I've also recently received a kid Icarus piece through spotpass.

well to be fair, the empty spots are purple, you don't see they're pink until you actually get one

In Japan they got Iwata as a Spotpass and he had all the puzzles completed. That was for Japan's one year anniversary of the 3DS. I wonder if they'll do the same for North America next month as well. (Probably with Reggie)
Oh thanks, that explains it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.