How durable is the 3-in-1's battery?

Discussion in 'EZ-Flash' started by asdaf, Oct 10, 2007.

Oct 10, 2007
  1. asdaf
    OP

Newcomer asdaf Newbie

United States
    I plan on buying a 3-in-1, but I read that all saves are first stored inside the battery. I plan on playing games like Fire Emblem which saves the game for every single action you take. I'm wondering if this will kill the battery quickly. How many saves can the battery write until it breaks and what is the estimated life for the battery?

2. science

Member science science rules

Canada
    I think the battery is rechargeable, and it charges through the DS, so I think you are ok. Someone should confirm or deny this, as I am not 100% sure.

3. asdaf
    OP

Newcomer asdaf Newbie

United States
    Thanks, seja. I read that most flash carts have a rechargeable battery. I'm wondering if anyone who owns a 3-in-1 can confirm that it has rechargeable batteries.

4. ABCMan

ABCMan Newbie

it charges when you charge the ds however you have to beware of overcharging it as that can kill it, just make sure you unplug your ds from the charger once the ds light goes out.

5. Kellicros

Member Kellicros GBAtemp Fan

hmm, doesn't the DS discharge when it is fully charged? Oh crap, I think I have been murdering my 3 in 1 battery, is it replaceable? Also, it is a bit weird, doesn't the DS battery usually takes longer to be charged(from low), when compared to that tiny battery in 3 in 1, and if it does, then shouldn't there be a risk every time your recharge your DS? But then again, I am only speculating.

6. cornaljoe

Member cornaljoe GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    These people have no idea what they are talking about. The EZ 3-in-1 uses a non-rechargable battery that will last for ~3 years.

7. asdaf
    OP

Newcomer asdaf Newbie

United States
    cornaljoe, do you know if it lasts 3 years based on the average player or it doesn't matter how many saves it makes, but it will just die out in 3 years? If it is based on how many saves you make, do you know how many it can handle until it dies, or do you know any slot 2 cart that has rechargeable batteries? Thanks.