Hacking How dose bootmii boot2 work?

bazross1969

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can anyone tell me how these work by that i mean when its installed what dose it change.
Is it an iso a wad ar an extra bit software thats put into the wii
The reason i want to know is some time back I installed bootmii and now want to install boot2 but I get the message install1 prevents this
Now if its been installed it can be uninstalled right? Or am I on the wrong track here?
Regards Baz

bazross1969

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks had alook but could do with a bit of help understanding why i can only install bootmii as an ios not boot 2 wii isnt that new and i have downgraded to 3.2 before today so that should have allowed it should it not?
Regards Baz

anaxs

got milk, got candy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
on some wii's u cant install as boot2
i think its cuz u have a certain model but im not sure
all i know is on some wii's u cant install as boot 2 but its safer if u install it anyways...

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
To know what boot2 does, you need to know the boot process of the Wii:

Boot0 -> Boot1 -> Boot2 -> System menu

As you can see, boot2 is loaded by Boot1. The newer wiis have a newer version of Boot1 that refuses to load bootmii, so thats why bootmii can't be installed on those wii's

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
tj_cool said:
To know what boot2 does, you need to know the boot process of the Wii:

Boot0 -> Boot1 -> Boot2 -> System menu

As you can see, boot2 is loaded by Boot1. The newer wiis have a newer version of Boot1 that refuses to load bootmii, so thats why bootmii can't be installed on those wii's

Exactly. BootMii installed to boot2 trucha signs boot2, and the new boot1 doesn't have the trucha bug and can't be downgraded(before somebody asks...), because it's on a ROM or its hash is on a ROM(i'm not sure, but the result is the same, you can't modifiy it).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Crowbar?