Question How does the staff vote?

RevPokemon

GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK I'm not trying to do anything to cause a war in gbatemp but I have a question.

I know the staff has
Administrators
Supervisors
Global Moderators
Moderators
Chief Editor
Reporters
Contributors
Podcast Crew

And I understand how it works up to chief editor but how is the powered Shared?

Example let's say that their is a issue for the temp such as changing servers or what not. Do all of you guys vote or only the admins.

Just wondering and love the forum

loco365

Trophies
XP
That, I think would be more an admin thing to tend to. Changing servers is usually a simple server change, although some sites do get all staff in on voting like that. This is GBAtemp though, it might run differently from sites I've tended to.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Moderators" is a somewhat superfluous position, it has the same abilities as Global Mod but is kind of just to show someone is in a "training" or "probationary" period, so to speak.

For something as specific as changing servers, for example, usually that decision would be up to Costello (admin) and tj_cool (supervisor) because they're the two main people that maintain the site on a software level. However, if anyone else on the staff had useful input (I've worked with this provider and they're good, these guys are bad, etc etc etc) it would most definitely be taken into consideration.

For any other issues or ideas that come up, we all tend to have fairly level footing when it comes to talking stuff out with one another (all voices are heard, it's not just a "what Costello says, goes" sort of thing). Granted if it's something new to be implemented on the site, that would have to go through tj and Costello because they'd be the ones to implement it. It could be the best idea in the world but if it's impossible to code or find a plugin for, it's probably not gonna happen.

I'm a moderator and I help out with reviews and very occasionally reporting news.

tl;dr different people of different ranks take care of things that may cross into the jurisdiction of another rank. We've all got a lot of give and take and respect for one another.

Reactions: Zerousen

RevPokemon

GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Moderators" is a somewhat superfluous position, it has the same abilities as Global Mod but is kind of just to show someone is in a "training" or "probationary" period, so to speak.

For something as specific as changing servers, for example, usually that decision would be up to Costello (admin) and tj_cool (supervisor) because they're the two main people that maintain the site on a software level. However, if anyone else on the staff had useful input (I've worked with this provider and they're good, these guys are bad, etc etc etc) it would most definitely be taken into consideration.

For any other issues or ideas that come up, we all tend to have fairly level footing when it comes to talking stuff out with one another (all voices are heard, it's not just a "what Costello says, goes" sort of thing). Granted if it's something new to be implemented on the site, that would have to go through tj and Costello because they'd be the ones to implement it. It could be the best idea in the world but if it's impossible to code or find a plugin for, it's probably not gonna happen.

I'm a moderator and I help out with reviews and very occasionally reporting news.

tl;dr different people of different ranks take care of things that may cross into the jurisdiction of another rank. We've all got a lot of give and take and respect for one another.
Thanks for the answer just was wondering

Reactions: Sicklyboy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, lol +1