Question How does the staff vote?

Discussion in 'Site Discussions & Suggestions' started by RevPokemon, Apr 10, 2015.

1. RevPokemon
    OP

RevPokemon GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl

Aug 24, 2014
    United States
    Fort Gay, West Virginia
    OK I'm not trying to do anything to cause a war in gbatemp but I have a question.

I know the staff has
    Administrators
    Supervisors
    Global Moderators
    Moderators
    Chief Editor
    Reporters
    Contributors
    Podcast Crew

And I understand how it works up to chief editor but how is the powered Shared?

Example let's say that their is a issue for the temp such as changing servers or what not. Do all of you guys vote or only the admins.

Just wondering and love the forum

2. loco365

loco365 GBAtemp Guru

Sep 1, 2010
    That, I think would be more an admin thing to tend to. Changing servers is usually a simple server change, although some sites do get all staff in on voting like that. This is GBAtemp though, it might run differently from sites I've tended to.

3. Sicklyboy

Sicklyboy Resident Mechanical Keyboard Addict

Global Moderator
    Jul 15, 2009
    United States
    [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]
    "Moderators" is a somewhat superfluous position, it has the same abilities as Global Mod but is kind of just to show someone is in a "training" or "probationary" period, so to speak.

For something as specific as changing servers, for example, usually that decision would be up to Costello (admin) and tj_cool (supervisor) because they're the two main people that maintain the site on a software level. However, if anyone else on the staff had useful input (I've worked with this provider and they're good, these guys are bad, etc etc etc) it would most definitely be taken into consideration.

For any other issues or ideas that come up, we all tend to have fairly level footing when it comes to talking stuff out with one another (all voices are heard, it's not just a "what Costello says, goes" sort of thing). Granted if it's something new to be implemented on the site, that would have to go through tj and Costello because they'd be the ones to implement it. It could be the best idea in the world but if it's impossible to code or find a plugin for, it's probably not gonna happen.

I'm a moderator and I help out with reviews and very occasionally reporting news.

tl;dr different people of different ranks take care of things that may cross into the jurisdiction of another rank. We've all got a lot of give and take and respect for one another.

Zerousen likes this.
  4. RevPokemon
    OP

RevPokemon GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl

Aug 24, 2014
    United States
    Fort Gay, West Virginia
    Thanks for the answer just was wondering

Sicklyboy likes this.