How does the G6 Lite handle NES/SNES/Gameboy ROMs?

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by Trombonist1337, Jan 5, 2007.

1. Trombonist1337
    OP

Newcomer Trombonist1337 Newbie

United States
  2. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    Emulators.

3. Trombonist1337
    OP

Newcomer Trombonist1337 Newbie

United States
    I meant "Does it play them well?"

I know how to actually play the ROMs, but most reviews only mention DS/GBA playback and I'm wondering about NES/GameBoy. Also, is it possible to run my own SNES emulator on the G6 Lite because it doesn't include one?

4. Adventures_of_Lo

Newcomer Adventures_of_Lo Advanced Member

Finland
    I'm not the best person to answer this but since no one's answered yet..

GBA doesn't of course need to be emulated, since NDS can play gba games itself, so those work perfectly with g6. As for the rest, nes games work pretty good. There's two ways of playing them. You can either use the GBA side nes emulator that comes with g6, which'll slightly flatten the games since GBA's resolution isn't so great. The otherway is to download a homebrew nes emulator for the DS side, which doesn't flatten the games at all. The downside is, that the DS nes emulator doesn't support saves at all (this was the last time I checked, which was atleast two months ago.)

As for Snes emulation, I don't think it's good on any DS card/cart, and it's definately not good on g6. Some games will work fine (pretty few I think) while others won't boot at all and others have serious glitches. Of course this might have changed since I last checked.

Anyway, the general rule of thumb is, that emulation is better on M3 & Supercard. Hopefully you'll get an answer from someone who's a bit more up to date in these things though.

5. shadowboy

Member shadowboy :D

United States
    Snezzids for the snes runs super metriod and chrono trigger well, and those are t3h best... but besides them, no other good games run well.

6. Soete

Newcomer Soete Newbie

United States
    From what I can see, any SNES rom that runs can't have sound at the moment. That is, unless my copy of Snessids is just messed up.

NES ROMs work pretty good. The only problem I've had with anything is sped-up music but that seems to have stopped. I did have one freeze-up while playing Rampart, but other than that, nothing major.

I have yet to try GB games though.