Hacking How does the exploit trick work now, after 2 years out of the scene?

Elliander

OP
Trophies
Website
elliander.etherealspheres.com
XP
Country
United States
Hi, a little over 2 years ago I was successfully using the browser exploit trick, but haven't really touched the Wii U since then. I was reading up on guides like this one and wanted to gain access to the eShop to have a permanent mod working, but when I went to try the browser exploit again all of my bookmarked pages were down, as were half the pages I would search for. The sites that did load didn't seem to work right. Instead of the expected text on screen to indicate success it would just try to load a video file, and I haven't been able to find any information about how things have changed.

I did download the new files, I'd just like to get into the eShop on firmware 5.5.1U, purchase Brain Age DS, and then get Haxchi CFW working. I did purchase games in the past, just nothing that is on the lists of required games. Ideally, I'd like to know which website can run the specific exploit I need, what it should look like now when it's a success, and how I would go about launching NNU patcher afterwards. Oh, will the eShop work while blocking Updates via the two DNS entries found here?

Alternatively, I own my own domains - some of which are not used for anything right now. If anyone had the mirror files of what I will need I could easily upload them.

Thanks!

Elliander

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Hey man, try this guide it worked fine for me and the @Kafluke wrote it, he knows what he's on about

https://gbatemp.net/threads/guide-community-noob-guide-to-wii-u-hacking.451297/

I took a look at that guide and found another exploit page that runs, although I am still unsure about what the MP4 exploit is all abut and what visual indications I should expect to see if it works. Considering how many times these fail before they work, I'd really want to be sure.

Also don't worry about updating now, wii u is hackable on latest firmware

Really? What changed for that to happen?

EDIT: I was able to find a page with the old payload532 file, and I was able to get that to work like before, but then when I went to run the homebrew launcher after I got an error message about being unable to load .elf and the console froze. >.< So now I also need to find a way to load NNU patcher in addition to spending the next hour trying to get the exploit running. Is it launched through the homebrew browser? How do I get around this issue?

Last edited by Elliander,

yusuo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I took a look at that guide and found another exploit page that runs, although I am still unsure about what the MP4 exploit is all abut and what visual indications I should expect to see if it works. Considering how many times these fail before they work, I'd really want to be sure.

Really? What changed for that to happen?
I dunno, it just works on latest firmware now although it is alot less reliable, there is a homebrew app that will allow you to access the eshop on 5.5.1 but I can't remember the name of it nnud or something like that, either way I would update to latest, get the game and try my luck at the exploit, when you get it to stick install hackchi

Elliander

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
hmm. Well, I ca
I dunno, it just works on latest firmware now although it is alot less reliable, there is a homebrew app that will allow you to access the eshop on 5.5.1 but I can't remember the name of it nnud or something like that, either way I would update to latest, get the game and try my luck at the exploit, when you get it to stick install hackchi

hmm. Well, I can run the browser exploit successfully multiple times over now using the old method, so I'll probably just try and get it working with my current firmware to not press my luck. Not sure why I'm having trouble. It's in the correct place -

wiiu > apps > homebrew_launcher

Well, good thing I saved a backup of my sd card before I updated stuff. I'll try the version from 2 years ago to see if I can at least get that to run, so I can install everything else.

EDIT: Yes! That was my problem! After going back to the 2 year old homebrew launcher, and then running the old payload532, I was able to run the homebrew launcher from http://loadiine.ovh and then was able to run the latest version of NNU patcher and then was able to easily enter the eShop and purchase, download, and install brain age.

Now I'm off to complete this tutorial for installing Haxchi:

https://wiiu.hacks.guide/haxchi

Still curious as to why the latest version of homebrew browser wasn't working though.

Last edited by Elliander,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr