How does someone that claims to be a LoZ fan get a simple question wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

"In what hand does Zelda weild the Master Sword?"

And he answers that she doesn't which is bullshit. She's held a baton in Twilight Princess and a sword in Spirit Tracks. Both times she held the Swords right handed. However specifically in the Wind Waker she holds the master sword with both hands. Both hands is the correct answer.

I can't believe they let some fake fan have an interview with Reggie, if he isn't embarrassed I'm embarrassed for him.

/rant

Last edited by RemixDeluxe,

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
NERD.

No, but really, I've played a chunk of Zelda games, mostly the classic ones. I'd consider myself a fan of the series. There's a difference between being a fan and knowing stuff down to the little details. Not to mention the guy is in front of Reggie, and that'll rattle anyone up good.

was this a joke post? if so im sorry

Kurt91

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hold on, "wield" means intending to use it personally in-battle. It's been a long time since I played Wind Waker, but does she actually make an attempt on Ganon with the Master Sword herself, or does she just pick it up to give it to Link?

I'm pretty sure the question was just to try and trip him up on Link/Zelda, kind of like the question "How many of each animal did Moses put on the ark?" (Answer: None, Noah built the ark and filled it with two of each animal)

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
qWAJifR.jpg

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NERD.

No, but really, I've played a chunk of Zelda games, mostly the classic ones. I'd consider myself a fan of the series. There's a difference between being a fan and knowing stuff down to the little details. Not to mention the guy is in front of Reggie, and that'll rattle anyone up good.

was this a joke post? if so im sorry
But shouldn't a fan be expected to know the little details like how Sonic's arms are not blue and Mario's last name is Mario (debatable if that's canon.)

Point being he should of answered the question as it was presented and not diverted from it. It's cool if he likes the games but I wouldn't say he's a fan.

Mikemk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's cool if he likes the games but I wouldn't say he's a fan.
Doesn't liking something make you a fan by definition?

She's held a baton in Twilight Princess and a sword in Phantom Hourglass.
Zelda doesn't appear in Phantom Hourglass, Tetra does. And if a normal sword doesn't qualify as the master sword, then a baton certainly doesn't.

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doesn't liking something make you a fan by definition?

Zelda doesn't appear in Phantom Hourglass, Tetra does. And if a normal sword doesn't qualify as the master sword, then a baton certainly doesn't.
No, being knowledgeable about what your supposedly passionate about makes you a fan.

And your right. The game was Spirit Tracks, she possesses a dark nut which weilds a sword.

Last edited by RemixDeluxe,

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Do you routinely enjoy works from a given genre, style, franchise or artist?
Will hearing of a new work in or from one of said same cause you to investigate it? Alternatively would you say you enjoyed the work(s) you have experienced, possibly enough to recall key themes and elements.

If yes to both then congratulations you are a fan of something. It is not a high barrier to entry.

Describe an average Zelda game. The hero discovers they are the one to save the land, and princess too for that matter, and via a series of dungeons and bosses they face the big bad and save the day.

What hand does a character wield a sword in? Acceptable answers includes who gives a fuck?
Those versed in series minutia have their uses, and indeed I would even say they can still do general fluff piece interviews just fine as well, but it is hardly a requirement for such a thing.

JordenNixNix

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Actually she possesses a phantom.
A Dark nut are the black armoured warriors in Twilight princess.

"I can't believe they let some fake fan making a topic about this, if he isn't embarrassed I'm embarrassed for him."

;)

What I really trying to say to you is:
It doesn't matter.
To much drama for a nothing.

Last edited by JordenNixNix,

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Actually, the fan was correct.

She held the Master Sword in Wind Waker, but she never did wield it. She was giving it to Link. Wielding means holding and actually use the weapon.

And if you want to go with specifics (since yes, you did nitpick a bit)
A baton isn't a Master Sword.
A Sword in Spirit Tracks, well, there was no master sword in that game.

All of these, not only makes the question actually valid but also the answer correct.

And who gives a rat's ass on whether he got it or wrong for something that specific?
What Reggie wanted to know is that he didn't confuse Link with Zelda.

A fan is devoted into loving the franchise and knowing at least the very common things about said franchise. That doesn't mean he needs to know every intricate details.

Should I know how many enemies and which types there are at the 42nd floor of the Cave of Ordeals in Twilight Princess? Come on Bruh.

EDIT: FYI, she didn't posssed a Darknut, she possesed a Phantom.
By your definition, for making such a misshap, should you not be a fan?

Last edited by gamefan5,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame:
    oh hi, Sickly
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh hi flame
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @K3Nv2 what was your ps4 situation
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you always have a ps4 you never updated
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or were you able to get new ps4 tracking it \
    as soon as the hack was announced
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got this ps4 at launch and never updated since 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask for a Pic of fw and telling them not to update
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask...