How does SNES emulation on the New 3DS compare to the Xbox?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Bitbyte, Aug 8, 2016.

1. Bitbyte
    OP

Bitbyte GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 20, 2003
    Belgium
    ._________.
    I've been wondering how emulation on the New 3DS compares to emulation on the Xbox, more specifically SNES emulation. I've been very impressed with Zsnexbox in the past and I was wondering how the New 3DS holds up. From what I understand the compatibility is pretty great since we can use both the SNES VC inject and emulators. Between those, are there games that don't work or don't run at a (nearly) constant 60 fps? Is there an emulator that can run the Star Ocean DeJap translation?

2. SirBeethoven

SirBeethoven 3.145.... something. E=mc2

Nov 26, 2015
    United States
    Welp, the official Nintendo Emulators are THE BEST! PocketSNES from RetroArch works pretty well but not as crisp and clean as the official VC. The XBox is pretty good but the Emulators are *OK*.

So the 3DS beats Xbox at emulation but if you want 1080p on your TV, use XBox :)

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I personally have never had any problem with the Xbox Emulators... So... They are (practically) the same :) except for the official VC of coarse