Hacking How does region locking affect these flashcarts?

kenio8185

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I think it's safe to assume the flashcarts are not locked to any region, but do the roms have to be from a specific region, or can the roms be used from any region?

Codename

GREEN BRO IS BEST BRO
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I haven't got my Gateway 3DS in the mail just yet, but I've read that it supports ROMs from any region. It probably also supports retail carts from any region, provided that you're running them in Gateway Mode EmuNAND. Sky3DS, on the other hand, does not support any ROMs from other regions, unless you use smealum's regionthree hack. Regionthree works for retail carts too, but it isn't guaranteed to work for every foreign cart. The best bet, if you want to play games from different regions, is to get a Gateway 3DS flashcard. With it, you can either import foreign games or pirate them, provided that your 3DS has a SysNAND firmware version of 9.2 or less. Sky3DS and regionthree, on the other hand, can be used on firmwares 9.0 to 9.5 (but not all games run well with it).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."