How does black friday work?

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Prices usually go super low on great stuff. Be there bright and early a few hours before opening. Best case campers sit out the day before. I did it once and it was so much fun

xXVisionZXx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol... wasnt the answer i was looking for but it gives me an idea

Posts merged

Ryukouki said:
Prices usually go super low on great stuff. Be there bright and early a few hours before opening. Best case campers sit out the day before. I did it once and it was so much fun
ahh so you can camp outside the store? xD

Blood Fetish

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Black Friday is a marketing scam basically. The way it worked in the past is stores would offer incredible discounts on items, and you would show up a half hour before they open and line up. The way it works now is there are barely any discounts, and people start lining up a day or more ahead of time. People are just stupid.

xXVisionZXx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Blood Fetish said:
Black Friday is a marketing scam basically. The way it worked in the past is stores would offer incredible discounts on items, and you would show up a half hour before they open and line up. The way it works now is there are barely any discounts, and people start lining up a day or more ahead of time. People are just stupid.
Nice... lol but it sounds so negative

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know at my neighboring Best Buy last year this really nice system went on sale at like half price. I got there 6 hours before opening time, and theres a huge snake in the parking lot.
tongue.gif
It's that crowded.

xXVisionZXx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ryukouki said:
I know at my neighboring Best Buy last year this really nice system went on sale at like half price. I got there 6 hours before opening time, and theres a huge snake in the parking lot.
tongue.gif
It's that crowded.
Ahh mom suggested we get there at 1 AM xD i told her that might be too early

smash_brew

I may or may not have fallen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Having worked in retail management for the last 12 years i know a few things about black friday. there are some really great deals to be had but the most coveted deals are usually extremely limited. If you are looking to get one of these limited quantities deals then be prepared to eat thanksgiving dinner outside the door at best buy. At my local best buy people start waiting in line around 5pm on thanksgiving day and camp out for the night. usually the retailers will send out someone to hand out tickets for the limited deals about and hour or so before they open. they go down the line and ask what you plan on purchasing. they give you a ticket for each of the deeply discounted items. it's always first come first serve and the good deals go fast. if you are able to get a ticket for the item you want you bring it to the register/service desk to pay and retrieve your item. then go home and sleep cuz you've just spent the night standing outside in the cold.

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is the first year, at least in the US southwest, that I've been aware (due to constant advertising bombardment) of Black November or ongoing Black Friday sale promotions that aren't even on Black Friday which, as smash_brew described, has traditionally been on the day after Thanksgiving.

Didu50

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, Its always on the day after Thanksgiving, and you go outside to a store at Ridiculously early times to Freeze your ass off to save a few bucks. Its actually quite fun.

Anne Noise

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
In the past, it was insane people doing insane things for highly advertised insane prices.

Now, it's people - like my family - stuffing themselves with Thanksgiving food, then planning an assault on every store in the county, getting a good night's tryptophan sleep, and launching said assault. For my parents and extended family, Thanksgiving is less a meal celebrating family and what we have to be happy about, and more like pre-Black Friday fuel.

Anne Noise

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
smash_brew said:
Having worked in retail management for the last 12 years i know a few things about black friday. there are some really great deals to be had but the most coveted deals are usually extremely limited. If you are looking to get one of these limited quantities deals then be prepared to eat thanksgiving dinner outside the door at best buy. At my local best buy people start waiting in line around 5pm on thanksgiving day and camp out for the night. usually the retailers will send out someone to hand out tickets for the limited deals about and hour or so before they open. they go down the line and ask what you plan on purchasing. they give you a ticket for each of the deeply discounted items. it's always first come first serve and the good deals go fast. if you are able to get a ticket for the item you want you bring it to the register/service desk to pay and retrieve your item. then go home and sleep cuz you've just spent the night standing outside in the cold.

As a former Best Buy employee - product process, aka warehouse and stock management, no less - I agree. There is some apeshit craziness going on at almost every retail outlet. If you go in knowing what you want, and get to the store soon enough, deals can be mindblowing, but it's also the worst day to shop, time- and customer-spirit-wise.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Yayyy got arcade games on the Pi working lol