Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Do you have any particular reason why? (I dislike when people make proclamations like that without any reasoning)

Hand dryers are top tier garbage. They don't always work. They don't always fully dry your hands. They're shoving dirty air and dust build up onto your hands. They're not clean. They're not sanitary.

Anywho, I use foamy soap or soap with some form of microbeads. Deap clean and usually leaves my hands feeling smooth.

D

Deleted User

Do you have any particular reason why? (I dislike when people make proclamations like that without any reasoning)
I can dry my hands in a fraction of the time I dry my hands with a hand dryer. I have yet to see an actual hand dryer that makes me go "yeah, I'll use this instead of towel"

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I use as scalding of hot water as my skin can handle, and liquid handsoap. (Not that foaming bullshit)
Why not foaming hand soap?

Reactions: Kioku and Seriel

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
what do you have against hand dryers?
They spread bacteria horribly. Mythbusters did an episode involving them. Basically, since they are in a nearly constant humid environment, and it just keeps recirculating that air over and over again, it make the perfect environment for bacteria to multiply like crazy.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
They spread bacteria horribly. Mythbusters did an episode involving them. Basically, since they are in a nearly constant humid environment, and it just keeps recirculating that air over and over again, it make the perfect environment for bacteria to multiply like crazy.
Ah, yes. The real answer. :o

D

Deleted User

Hand dryers are top tier garbage. They don't always work. They don't always fully dry your hands. They're shoving dirty air and dust build up onto your hands. They're not clean. They're not sanitary.

Anywho, I use foamy soap or soap with some form of microbeads. Deap clean and usually leaves my hands feeling smooth.
I also hate the design of some hand dryers where you have to insert your hands into the dryer, which runs the risk of touching the edges and potentially getting your hands dirty all over again.

Last edited by ,

Fates-Blade-900

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use warm water and lather hand soap all over my hands and then rinse it off, simple, I don't use hot water because I use my 3DS often and my hands get heated upfast.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I can dry my hands in a fraction of the time I dry my hands with a hand dryer. I have yet to see an actual hand dryer that makes me go "yeah, I'll use this instead of towel"

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Why not foaming hand soap?
It sucks compared to handsoap, as far as getting me clean of dirt and grease.

supergamer368

🗿
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This thread is so far very informative. I see that most people prefer warm-ish water when washing their hands, and I’ve seen the negatives of both paper towels and hand dryers. Only somebody with no life would care this much but hey its probably not fine pls help

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Lol I dont have the option of using products with microbeads as they are illegal here in Scotland. Soon here drinking straws/face wipes and cotton buds are to be illegal as well. Anyway back on topic I am one of the people who use soap first then water. Dont know why but have always just done that.

GothicIII

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
There is a scientific research which prooves that hand driers make your hands dry (obviously) but at the cost of blowing bacteria (from your hands and the room) all over the place.
Paper towels are the most hygienic. Recycled towelrolls are also ok.

Reactions: Seriel
D

Deleted-355425

Just don’t bother washing them, save water and build up your immune system :)

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I prefer lukewarm water around the middle of the knob, when showering though I tend to go a little colder.
Just don’t bother washing them, save water and build up your immune system :)
And what about all the fecal matter you'll leave behind on anything you touch that the next person who comes along will get on their hands?

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    you go bro
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i know, i know, i'm late
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BigOnYa, I'll rip a bag off my Volcano to that, brother
    +2
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    DDDS . Dual Developer Dedede System :)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also happy birthday @Xdqwerty
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is it me you're looking for?
  • MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight:
    'Cause I wonder where you are
    wait I got the lyrics mixed up
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And I wonder what you do...Lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its all good, I'm here to talk to you.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hello
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing fallout4 all day, I went into a elevator and it kept going, never stopped, waited 5 minutes, must of been a bug. How bout you, whatcha do today?
    +1
    I'm wondering why a stray tuxedo cat has a cloudy eye
    I've been playing TOTK all day also
    +1
    Oh you reminded me of those elevator nightmares
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Awesome game, fun how they force you to build, but you can build as you want
    It is super fun, I actually prefer it over BoTW
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The guy holding the sign always cracked me up, esp when you fail, and it falls
    Ah yes, that guy lol. I still need to find all his signs. The game has a lot to do though so I don't know what to finish first
    I'm 120 hours in and am still like 44.4% done
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good times. Building is starting to get good around now for you. You making me want to make run thru again.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, enjoy your gaming, and avoid the lightning, or put your sword away. Good night.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/E1U7Nlt.mp4 +1