Emulation How do you use GBA cheats on the M3DS Real?

siiversplash

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've checked many different forums and this place seems the most likely to get an answer from. The search feature, to keep everyone from telling me there's a search button, has only brought me the same results google did, a link to M3wiki, which, unfortunately is not a helpful article. Please answer, and if theres any kind of thumbs up type thing on this site I'd be happy to thumbs up you.

I've got:

- A fire red rom that I want to cheat on.
- An M3DS Real running Sakura v1.35, with GBA pak.

Also, I've been wondering, is there any way for me to take my M3 saves and use them on VBA or any other computer-based emulator, or vice versa?

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
Since I have to spell it out for you.

GEP = GBA Expansion Pack
It is easier to abbreviate.

You run GBA games like any other game on the DS.

Cheats are put in a CHT folder in the root of your microSD. You select and activate cheats for GBA games EXACTLY like you do it for a DS game. Everything is set up to be the same, NO extra steps.

Slide the selected game to the side to go into the setting then pick your cheat file.

IMG_90158b.jpg

IMG_90159b.jpg

I said "GBA for GBA" not "GEP on GBA". I know EXACTLY what I am talking about.

siiversplash

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, thanks for the help, but I still cant use cheats. You know why?

GBA games don't give me the option to choose which cheat I want to activate, only lets me choose which file I want to use.

siiversplash

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I've downloaded the new firmware, I just had issues with the SD reader for awhile so I just got it.

Uhh, activate the cheats in game means what? If you mean like, "Press L to activate this code at the main menu" type thing, I don't have to do that for my codes.

I believe the correct process is taking AR Crypt, entering the codes you need, saving it as a txt file and converting it into a .dat, but I'm just testing this method now.

siiversplash

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
THANK YOU HOW_DO_I_DO_THAT!!!

Finally a solution! Thanks a huge bunch.
biggrin.gif

Yeah, I am a noob at this, but my methods seemed to work...

Either I just didn't get the right question across to you from the beginning or you didnt know what you were talking about, but it's probably option #1 >.>

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol