Hacking how do you use a game which doesn't have a opening.bnr?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LWares87

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
As people should already know, the best way to load these types of games is through NeoGamma or alternative loader (via a WBFS partition).

I wish to ask, is there a way to create a channel for something like the "pink fish" disc which loads from the disc channel? As I use NeoCorp r4, at the moment and it causes a error when it attempts to load the disc from the system menu.

Edit: The happens with s/uneek.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
Can't you just put some other opening banner in the place of where it should be, and use the fst.bin creator to make it all work? (i'm sure a few more detailed steps will be needed)

I'm sure that there are even easier ways by using Wiims tools, but I don't know them very well.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the system menu shows the gamecube banner if you insert a wii disc that doesnt have one. sounds like a bug in sneek.

LWares87

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
With the "pink fish" disc, I get this error message whilst running s/uneek within the wii menu:
An error has occurred. Press the Eject button and remove the disc, then turn the Wii console off and refer to the Wii Operations Manual for help troubleshooting.
Looking at the data partition, there's the following (as shown in WiiScrubber):
Data Partition:
- boot.bin
- bi2.bin
- apploader.img
- main.dol
- fst.bin

- partition.bin
tmd.bin
cert.bin
h3.bin
ticket.bin

- devcerts
dummy-cls.wad
dummy-loc.wad

- viewer
contentTestD.wad

- zzzzzzzz.zzz
No sign of opening.bnr, anywhere.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so you have no reason to believe that the lack of opening.bnr is really teh issue? you are just assuming that. and i say your assumption is wrong.

LWares87

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@[member='XFlak']: I've already got IOS16 installed on my Wii console.

I just need help figuring out how to get it to load through the Disc Channel using s/uneek and maybe perhaps the Wii Menu on an actual NAND.

Edit: by any chance... if it was possibly perhaps injected into a disc image, would a static opening.bnr work?

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I am just guessing, but I have had this issue with this disc on 4.1+ loading from the disc channel. Works fine from neogamma. I could be wrong, but suspect that possibly 4.1+ rejects the disc id of the pink fish disc. Try changing the disc id with wit, see if that helps. Or try changing the ios it runs on to cios. I don't think it has anything to do with the opening bnr. Try with an older system menu in s/uneek, say 3.2.

Anon10W1z

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@[member='XFlak']: I've already got IOS16 installed on my Wii console.

I just need help figuring out how to get it to load through the Disc Channel using s/uneek and maybe perhaps the Wii Menu on an actual NAND.

Edit: by any chance... if it was possibly perhaps injected into a disc image, would a static opening.bnr work?
Teh old version of IOS16 is what you need. IOS16 is a stub on 4.0+.

LWares87

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's a good job that I can create and extract a nand which contains a system menu with 3.2 installed to use with s/uneek. ;)

It works with NeoGamma perfectly from either disc or wbfs partition on a actual NAND.

Just curious and unrelated, can I still have a system menu with 3.2 installed and still have the latest up-to-date IOSes (including channels) installed?

Edit "IOS16-64-prod.wad" is the wad required (which can be extracted directly from the disc image, if the update partition is available).

Anon10W1z

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a good job that I can create and extract a nand which contains a 3.2 system menu to use with s/uneek. ;)

It works with NeoGamma perfectly from either disc or wbfs partition.

Just curious and unrelated, can I still have a 3.2 system menu and still have the latest up-to-date IOSes (including channels) installed?

Edit "IOS15-64-prod.wad" is the wad required (which can be extracted directly from the disc image).
Not sure. Probably, but correct me if I'm wrong, @DeadlyFoez or @giantpune or whoever.

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It's a good job that I can create and extract a nand which contains a 3.2 system menu to use with s/uneek. ;)

It works with NeoGamma perfectly from either disc or wbfs partition.

Just curious and unrelated, can I still have a 3.2 system menu and still have the latest up-to-date IOSes (including channels) installed?

Edit "IOS15-64-prod.wad" is the wad required (which can be extracted directly from the disc image, if the update partition is available).
Yes, you can have system menu 3.2 with all updated ios. It is ios16, not ios15. So, does this means it works for you with the 3.2 system menu, but not the 4.1+? That has been my experience with the disc from disc channel. I have not tested, but wonder if it is the disc id, or if the 4.1+ hates ios16, one of those two I think. Probably the disc id as Nintendo has already blocked other disc id from loading, the prelaunch setup disc.

SanGor

Witchhunter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
maufrog is right the system menu has a black list of so far three IDs, RAAE, 408 and 410.
408 and 410 are black listed since 4.0.

diddy81

Wii Theme Team
Trophies
XP
Country
best way to test if it is the opening.bnr giving you problems is to do as deadlyfoez said
grab any opening.bnr from a game add it to the iso and update the fst
if it does work then you can create a custom banner for it

LWares87

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I knew that it was IOS16-64-prod.wad, I just didn't realise what I had wrote until someone corrected me.

Anyway... I have either one of two options: create a EmuNAND with 3.2 on it (which I tried to do last night based off a 4.3 EmuNAND and failed miserably, as I kept get a black screen using sneek2o) or to modify the disc image and inject a static banner, as well as modifying the fst.bin file for it to work properly through the disc channel on 4.3.

But... what would someone suggest? As I can't use NeoGamma with sneek for some reason. :/

Edit: i've decided to try and attempt to create a channel for it, then to inject it into the disc image, but I need some help though to do it.

Although... if it's black listed by system menu's above 4.0, then there wouldn't really be any point in doing it.
:(

SanGor

Witchhunter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
only the gameid is checked (the first 6 bytes of the disc) not anything from the TMD/Ticket.
So to get it working simply change any part of it to make it work.

You could even search for the "410" "408" strings in the main.dol of the system menu and change them.

LWares87

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What would be an ideal GameID? RPFE01 (see what I did there? Lol)

it looks like... I'm going to have to redownload QtWiiGui again, unless there's an alternative available.

I'm going to load, a created nand backup on to my console and extract that once I've set it up for use with s/uneek.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night