Hacking How do you update JP games on US/EU 3DS?

player0

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Like the new FFEX, it requires updating to the latest version otherwise cannot play on the Internet. But every time pressing the update function in the main manual, it downloads but still the same in game as if nothing has been updated. How do you update JP games on US/EU 3DS? Thank you

justln

Trophies
XP
Country
Just Google "final fantasy explorers update cia".

Too bad FFE is a bad game, I've stopped playing it after I didn't use any potions after 4 hours.

Piepokemon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Too bad FFE is a bad game, I've stopped playing it after I didn't use any potions after 4 hours.

Whaaat?! FFE is bad?! Noo!!! I haven't looked at any reviews or anything since it came out, and I was really looking forward to it... Damn!

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
come on, ask the question better :)
there is nothing specific to jpn updates on a eur/usa console.
it's not like korean updates on a taiwanese 3ds is a different thing...
'installing out of region updates' :)

justln

Trophies
XP
Country
Whaaat?! FFE is bad?! Noo!!! I haven't looked at any reviews or anything since it came out, and I was really looking forward to it... Damn!

I'm really sad that it turned out shitty since I wanted it to be good. However, Square Enix can't even clone the Monster Hunter genre properly.
Bad graphics even for a 3DS game, the ROM is 525 MB so infer what you want from it.
ZERO storyline from a SE game nonetheless.
Retarded A.I. who does nothing, boss just follows you around like a dog.
Again, I didn't use a single consumable in 4 hours.

FFS, there's semi successful MH clones like Soul Sacrifice, Freedom Wars (sort of) and Toukiden. SE can't be bothered to learn from them.

Piepokemon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm really sad that it turned out shitty since I wanted it to be good. However, Square Enix can't even clone the Monster Hunter genre properly.
Bad graphics even for a 3DS game, the ROM is 525 MB so infer what you want from it.
ZERO storyline from a SE game nonetheless.
Retarded A.I. who does nothing, boss just follows you around like a dog.
Again, I didn't use a single consumable in 4 hours.

FFS, there's semi successful MH clones like Soul Sacrifice, Freedom Wars (sort of) and Toukiden. SE can't be bothered to learn from them.

Ouch... I really liked the gamecube one, so this is a big let down :( Especially considering that the series has slowly degenerated... The ds one was extremely mediocre if I remember correctly... :(

player0

OP
Trophies
XP
Country

Yeah ok, but wait, so in general, you still need to wait for a dump from someone who has a JP 3DS and is willing to share online?

I am after some I-can-do method to get other region (thanks cearp) game updated. So what is stopping the other region 3DS from downloading the updates and installing them?

And if I can get my hands on a JP 3DS, how do I repack the update files into .cia for the others? Is this method only known to some well informed? Or is there any public method to repack game updates like the one to repack the system update files?

Thanks

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Yeah ok, but wait, so in general, you still need to wait for a dump from someone who has a JP 3DS and is willing to share online?

I am after some I-can-do method to get other region (thanks cearp) game updated. So what is stopping the other region 3DS from downloading the updates and installing them?

And if I can get my hands on a JP 3DS, how do I repack the update files into .cia for the others? Is this method only known to some well informed? Or is there any public method to repack game updates like the one to repack the system update files?

Thanks
yes, you need to wait, usually it is not long.
you can't download other region content simply because the 3ds does not let you, it only lets you get stuff from your own region.
if we could fake/change the region of the 3ds we would be ok, but we can't :)

thanks for the offer, but i'm sure other people have uploaded the update for this game already. maybe check on -snip-

and how to do it, it's public, it's not a guarded secret etc, it's not super deadly easy, but following a guide will help. there are easier ways than others. :) i will try to release a super easy way soon.
i dumped 127 japanese updates but then some chinese guy(s) on duowan carried on, spent time renaming them with the game names (i never bothered to do that) - they upload them all on a baidu folder (like the chinese google drive), it's password protected but i just had a look and couldn't see ff explorers there.

-actually it is there (1.1) and has been since 3 days ago, they just translated final fantasy into chinese so i couldn't find it lol

Reactions: player0

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: douche